Modding problem

Post new mods and scenarios here.
KG_Brandenburg

Modding problem

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

Hi all.. LOL

Ill start by saying that I really like the CC:GTC and some of the kool features that have been adeded in GTC and PitM. Somethings i still find annoying but that transcends all CC's to date.Overall though, GTC was an improvement and really liked the feel/pace.

Been in the CC community for ages and have modding experience so im not totally new at this. Mainly a data editor for cc3/5 and qclone.. Well,I have several pretty mod idea. originally it was Korea 1950 mod that somehow i came into procession with this unfinished mod many years ago. The mod was never finished but alot of it was by whoever worked on it. Probable several here as some of the names look familiar. Thought about an CC5 Okinawa conversion too . But after talking to a cc buddy, i think i have a battle in mind.. Krasni Bor 1943

Well,I have my PitM worksheet with GTC data in it so that is ready.. so i guess its now a GTC data workbook now. LOL I also have the CCMunger and RTBTool . Im not concerned about maps yet and actually have a good idea what to do but that's in the future.

in anycase..

Problem:How do i extract the CCImages.pix. I though I was supposed to use RTBTool or CCMunger and extract, edit/change a pic, save it as 32b tga, then repack.

1st ,I unpacked with the RTBTool and the resulting images look like smeared green paint (im guessing its the way the program natively saves the tga and has to be reconverted ?).so i used CCMunger which did extract the tga's correctly.

I have a background image that was a jpg.. i resized it to 1024x768,renamed it to the appropriate name, converted to bmp.. then i attempted to convert it to tga. I tried using the conversion tool in RtbTool which old does non-compressed 16b so i download GIMP and added an alpha layer, saved to tga..

in short i get an error no matter what I do when I try to repack. something about the image im trying to is 32 bit but needs to be 16 bit... i add a 16 bit image of the one i want to add and i get the same error

Whats the correct sequence of events I have to do, to have success?
thx for any help

KG_Brandenburg

mickxe5

RE: Modding problem

Post by mickxe5 »

The new background image should be 1640x1024, same as the original background image.
KG_Brandenburg

Post by KG_Brandenburg »

I hate to say it but you are incorrect Mick.. The stock tga's for the mainscreens are 1024x768 32b

in anycase, I fixed the problem but couldnt tell anyone because my internet was down
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

You only referred to having a background image which led me to assume you were working with the background.tga extracted from CCimages.pix, which is 1640x1024.

Possibly helpful to another modder facing similar difficulties to describe your fix.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Brandenburg,

RTBTool probably will not work on anything from PitF/GtC due to the new 32-bit color format. CCMunger should be able to handle all the file formats.

When you save the TGA from GIMP, make sure that RLE compression / encoding is off. If it is on CCMunger can't read the TGA properly. Otherwise what you're doing sounds like it should work.

Steve

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”