Close Combat Gateway to Caen for Win10, scrolling

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
TDeacon

Close Combat Gateway to Caen for Win10, scrolling

Post by TDeacon »

I just bought the Windows 10 versions of Wacht am Rhein and Gateway to Caen. My previous versions of CC were for XP. Anyway, although Win10 WaR works well, Win10 GtC has major UI scrolling issues, and both are running on the same PC. Specifically:

1) With the same CC Options menu settings (including my native 1920 by 1080 screen resolution) GtC shows a much more zoomed-in game "window" than WaR (240m versus 380m), which when one is trying to maintain situational awareness is kind of like staring at one's feet (...). This would be a minor issue, except for issue (2) below.

2) Issue #1 is severely aggravated in GtC by map scrolling issues. When one attempts to scroll the map using the mouse by nudging the boundary of said game "window", typically when one has selected the "fire" command with the red rubber-band effect, it produces a sudden jump to the edge of the map. This completely breaks mouse scrolling. In WaR this "nudging" works as it did in XP, and in fact is the fastest way to scroll the map when seconds count during a game. This second issue leaves one with the WASD scrolling, and selecting an area in the mini-map, neither of which is anywhere near as quick as using the mouse.

I assume there is no Win10 GtC patch for this? Remember it works properly in the Win10 port for WaR.
Mark Hinds
TDeacon

Re: Close Combat Gateway to Caen for Win10, scrolling

Post by TDeacon »

OK, fixed my second issue by limiting the frame rate for "CC Gateway to Caen" only to 60 FPS. I modified the FPS using the Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings menu, which allows an app-by-app approach to this. So I now can move the CC-CtC game viewing window around the game map using the "rubber band" fire command and/or the mouse pointer outside of that command. Not clear why this adjustment wasn't necessary for CC Wacht am Rhein on the same PC, but whatever...

The first issue (game viewing window size) is still outstanding...
Mark Hinds

Return to “Tech Support”