More 21 units in CC:GtC ???

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
Argon3030

More 21 units in CC:GtC ???

Post by Argon3030 »

During a battle command up to 21 units ranging from teams of infantry to tanks.
Is it possible to make more than 21 units in the game?
Why the restriction in unit 21?

Large maps, few units. No large scale battles, at least at the division level.

Why developers game CC VI: GtC don't make a new patch that was more than 21 units, e.g. 100 units, or no restrictions.
All fans СС and moddingfans of the game Close Combat would have been very pleased with this.
SteveMcClaire

RE: More 21 units in CC:GtC ???

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The maximum units was already increased for Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen, from 15 (in previous releases) to 21. That said, we will consider higher maximums for future releases, but it's very unlikely this will be patched back into the earlier games -- there is more than just tweaking some value, as the UI must also support more than 21 units too.

Steve
Argon3030

Post by Argon3030 »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The maximum units was already increased for Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen, from 15 (in previous releases) to 21. That said, we will consider higher maximums for future releases, but it's very unlikely this will be patched back into the earlier games -- there is more than just tweaking some value, as the UI must also support more than 21 units too.

Steve

Hello Steve!

Patch for the game CC:GtC created? More 21 units? Make only for modders.
I think the sale of the game CC:GtC will go up. This will attract more buyers to the game.

Anatoly
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Anatoly,

There are no plans for a GtC patch for more units at this time.

Steve
Argon3030

Post by Argon3030 »

Hi Anatoly,

Steve

Hi Steve,

GtC patch for more units at this time?

GtC - the best simulator of the series CC (2D).

Is it hard to do?

Anatoly
Turre

Post by Turre »

Hello fellows,

I'm also highly interested in this topic. I share Anatoly's lust for more troops, although 100 units may sound a bit overwhelming to me. [;)]

Anyway, did you ever consider having more than 21 units while developing PitF and GtC?
The reason I ask, I noticed in force selection phase there seems to be unused space for extra unit slots in both platoon and support roster.
Let me explain.
Selected platoon has a grid of 9 cells in total. As we know, maximum 7 of which are available for unit slots. Top left cell has the platoon name on it. But the bottom left cell is completely unused! [X(]

That raises a desire of having 24 units in battle! Those extra 3 units, in form of AT or other vital asset would really make a difference in many situations!

So I humbly ask if it was possible to revive those inactive slots in order to increase the unit number? I'd really appreciate an 8 unit slot platoon structure in PitF and GtC. You probably know what kind of tweaking on the UI and other values it would require to patch it up.

Turre
Argon3030

Post by Argon3030 »

ORIGINAL: Turre

Hello fellows,

I'm also highly interested in this topic. I share Anatoly's lust for more troops, although 100 units may sound a bit overwhelming to me. [;)]

Anyway, did you ever consider having more than 21 units while developing PitF and GtC?
The reason I ask, I noticed in force selection phase there seems to be unused space for extra unit slots in both platoon and support roster.
Let me explain.
Selected platoon has a grid of 9 cells in total. As we know, maximum 7 of which are available for unit slots. Top left cell has the platoon name on it. But the bottom left cell is completely unused! [X(]

That raises a desire of having 24 units in battle! Those extra 3 units, in form of AT or other vital asset would really make a difference in many situations!

So I humbly ask if it was possible to revive those inactive slots in order to increase the unit number? I'd really appreciate an 8 unit slot platoon structure in PitF and GtC. You probably know what kind of tweaking on the UI and other values it would require to patch it up.

Turre

Hi Turre,

This is a great idea and suggestion! Instead of 21 of the units 24 of the units. Although 100 units are even better (Large-scale battle)! I don't understand, why limit?

It is better to continue to develop the 2D games СС:Panthers in the Fog - ver. 6.00 and CC:Gateway to Caen - ver. 6.50 , than CC:The Bloody First (3D) - impossible modders 3D.
What is the point in 3D-graphics? In 3D-graphics game "Men of War", the game "CC:The Bloody First" still does not reach. Here I am talking only about 3D-graphics, not about strategy.

By realistic strategy, Close Combat is in the first place among games of real-life strategy.

Maps are big, there are very few troops. For example, the Sturm of the Reichstag in May 1945 was not 21 units. Here and 100 units a little. [:)]

Many thanks to the developers and programmers of the game Close Combat for their work.
Argon3030

Post by Argon3030 »

Hi Anatoly,

Steve

Hi Steve,

In the future there may be plans?

Best regards,
Anatoly.
Argon3030

Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ???

Post by Argon3030 »

Hi Steve!

Updates are planned for CC:GtC?
1. Fixing the speed of vehicles?
2. More 21 units?
3. ...

Fans CC-2D are waiting for updates. :-)

Anatoly
SteveMcClaire

Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ???

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I will pass along your requests and suggestions, but none of the 2D Close Combat games are in active development. Bug fix updates may happen periodically, but new features are very unlikely at this time.

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”