New Close Combat The Bloody First Veteran v1.05

Nomada_Firefox

New Close Combat The Bloody First Veteran v1.05

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Hi all. One week ago, I have uploaded the 1.05 from this mod. It fixes the German Normandy 1946 campaign and now you can continue playing after Caen.

About more news, I am thinking in a little update. Just a small code improve with two or three things that I like.

First from all, one thing improving the accuracy from vehicles and guns, probably increasing the experience but lowing the morale. This type of change have been seen before at CC games in the Veteran mods but I was thinking it because the accuracy in the game with rookie vehicles and guns is very bad.

Other improve can be the Operation Cobra 1946 where probably there are some maps with 1944 teams.

Just it. The mod can be downloaded at moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/close-combat-tbf-veteran

If you want, you can watch a complete video showing the last improve.
https://youtu.be/AkBrDJ5CuxE
skc

Re: New Close Combat The Bloody First Veteran v1.05

Post by skc »

Please give me details on how to actually install this Mod and then how to find it once in game. Thanks in advance.
bafonetto

Post by bafonetto »

Hello, first of all congratulations for your excellent work. really great. I would like you to explain a few things to me about this version 1.05:
1. What is the difference between the military operations indicated in the menu and those indicated as "1946"? (are they just a "duplication" of work to be defined?)
2. It seems to me that this new work will be superior to the one already finished and downloaded after installing the base game as it adds new scenarios.
good job and thanks for what you are doing.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Thanks. About your questions. 1946 operations are a what if the WWII had been more longer where you can play with much more modern units.

Instructions about install the mod were where you download the mod at moddb.
Installation:

Download and put the file inside the folder C:/Users/"your user name"/Documents/My Games/CloseCombatTheBloodyFirst/..

Uncompress the file in that folder.

Launch the game and select the mod in the new menu showed in the top left position from the main screen.
SgtShultz2

Post by SgtShultz2 »

My partner and I played "Veteran" 1.05 and like it a lot. When playing 2 players against the computer this gives each player more units to command. We played 2 battles of a campaign and it did not crash.

I like the big maps, bigger infantry units, more vehicle types. Downsides: conflicting info in the post battle info. But that's a minor issue. So far the 2 maps we've seen in Operation Cobra have been completely flat. Maybe we will run into some hills eventually. Fields of crops seem to be completely flat, providing no cover, right?
SgtShultz2

Post by SgtShultz2 »

Veteran 1.05 worked well but when I tried to save the game it got weird and crashed the next time. So now we only play operations or battles we can finish in one night.

Return to “Close Combat The Bloody First - Modding”