Crc install error

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
d59831

Crc install error

Post by d59831 »

So I have played the game for 28 hours, and now it will not load. I have uninstalled, reinstalled. Uninstalled, deleted documents folder reinstalled. I have also done the repair install in gog galaxy. Tried running as administrator, and in compatibility mode. Though for some reason the editor runs fine. I clicked it out of curousity. I moved my save to a safe temporary folder.
Quicknamehere

Re: Crc install error

Post by Quicknamehere »

I have encountered the same problem, when I start the game thorugh the launcher, gog galaxy or straight from the .exe i get to the loadingscreen, progressbar shows and completes, then crash to windows and "Crc Install error". This started happening last week, after I´ve clocked 35 hours.

I have tried:
Reinstall game, no luck.
Uninstall, remove all files, re-download, no luck.
Downloaded local offline install from gog.com, and through launcher several times in case of a corrupt file, no luck.
Install game from local file without galaxy installed, no luck.
Run as Administrator.
Run as Administrator in Safe Mode.
Check disc.
Windows update.
Update all drivers including graphics.
I even removed my RAM and swapped their places with each other. (This sometimes works, lol)

I'm going to roll-back some windows updates now to se if there is something there before a fresh windows install.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Please email support@slitherine.co.uk for help with installation issues.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

This should now have been fixed.
Please make sure you're updated with 1.01.10.

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”