Serial number check failed. Unknown error.

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
stroke

Serial number check failed. Unknown error.

Post by stroke »

Hi, I 've recently purchased this game on steam and I'm really disappointed about the cumbersome multiplayer setup.

I had to create a slitherine account in order to login to a lobby that does not recognize my game. How on earth do I make this game work??
Screenshot 2022-06-30 101805 (Small).png
Screenshot 2022-06-30 101805 (Small).png (387.31 KiB) Viewed 913 times
SteveMcClaire

Re: Serial number check failed. Unknown error.

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi stroke -- This may be an issue with the back-end of the lobby system. I am looking into this and we'll get it resolved as soon as possible.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

This issue should be resolved. Please let me know if you're still having difficulty logging into the lobby.
pumpkinboss

Post by pumpkinboss »

I'm getting this, and also "not connected to server. online play unavailable."
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

pumpkinboss wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:44 am I'm getting this, and also "not connected to server. online play unavailable."
Hi pumpkinboss -- The Bloody First multi-player lobby seems to be working properly. Are you still seeing the error? It may have been a temporary issue with the server. If you are still seeing the error, please try logging into www.slitherine.com with the same username and password you're using to log in to the Bloody First lobby.
pumpkinboss

Post by pumpkinboss »

Thanks, Steve. I will check it out this weekend.
Jagata

Post by Jagata »

I can login at the link you provided but i am having the same issue when trying to launch the game.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Jagata -- you're getting an 'unknown error' from the serial number check? The original issue that was causing this on the back end was resolved some time ago, and I just did a test and I can log in to the mutli-player lobby both using stand-alone and Steam versions of the game. So it doesn't appear to be a general problem.

Is this a consistent error you've seen every time you attempt to join the lobby, or a one time issue? Are you using a stand-alone version, Steam, or GOG?
Jagata

Post by Jagata »

SteveMcClaire wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:52 pm Hi Jagata -- you're getting an 'unknown error' from the serial number check? The original issue that was causing this on the back end was resolved some time ago, and I just did a test and I can log in to the mutli-player lobby both using stand-alone and Steam versions of the game. So it doesn't appear to be a general problem.

Is this a consistent error you've seen every time you attempt to join the lobby, or a one time issue? Are you using a stand-alone version, Steam, or GOG?
Hey Stephen,

Yes, but i just started clicking around here on Matrix games and noticed the steam account login (Purchased through Steam), i assume that is how it passes the serial number and registers my games. I am waiting for steam to send me the verification code to authenticate in. And can let you know if that gives me some Joy.
But, this has been consistent every time with "The Bloody First" and I am getting "Get Forum root Failed". "User has not logged in" on Gateway to Caen. Which makes me think the serial number is not getting passed along.

Thanks,

Jagata
Jagata

Post by Jagata »

Jagata wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:23 pm
SteveMcClaire wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:52 pm Hi Jagata -- you're getting an 'unknown error' from the serial number check? The original issue that was causing this on the back end was resolved some time ago, and I just did a test and I can log in to the mutli-player lobby both using stand-alone and Steam versions of the game. So it doesn't appear to be a general problem.

Hey Stephen,

Yes, but i just started clicking around here on Matrix games and noticed the steam account login (Purchased through Steam), i assume that is how it passes the serial number and registers my games. I am waiting for steam to send me the verification code to authenticate in. And can let you know if that gives me some Joy.
But, this has been consistent every time with "The Bloody First" and I am getting "Get Forum root Failed". "User has not logged in" on Gateway to Caen. Which makes me think the serial number is not getting passed along.

Thanks,

Jagata
Ok, with The Bloody First it got passed the Serial number error and now i get this every time. "Not connected to a server. Online Play Disabled" and the same error mentioned above with Gateway to Caen.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Jagata wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:40 pm Ok, with The Bloody First it got passed the Serial number error and now i get this every time. "Not connected to a server. Online Play Disabled" and the same error mentioned above with Gateway to Caen.
That is odd. I would suggest the following steps:

1) Make sure you can log in to www.slitherine.com with the user name and password you're using for the lobby login.

2) After logging in to www.slitherine.com, go to the 'MY PAGE' link at the top of the main page and verify you have the serial numbers registered for your game(s) After you've confirmed this, try running the game again and logging into the multiplayer lobby.

3) If you're still getting the error after verifying the serial numbers are registered, please use your web browser to delete all cookies and cached data for www.slitherine.com. The exact steps for this depend on the web browser you use, but generally it is under the browser settings. After deleting cookies and cache for the Slithering website, try running the game once more and logging into the multiplayer lobby.
Jagata

Post by Jagata »

SteveMcClaire wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:01 pm
Jagata wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:40 pm Ok, with The Bloody First it got passed the Serial number error and now i get this every time. "Not connected to a server. Online Play Disabled" and the same error mentioned above with Gateway to Caen.
That is odd. I would suggest the following steps:

1) Make sure you can log in to www.slitherine.com with the user name and password you're using for the lobby login.

2) After logging in to www.slitherine.com, go to the 'MY PAGE' link at the top of the main page and verify you have the serial numbers registered for your game(s) After you've confirmed this, try running the game again and logging into the multiplayer lobby.

3) If you're still getting the error after verifying the serial numbers are registered, please use your web browser to delete all cookies and cached data for www.slitherine.com. The exact steps for this depend on the web browser you use, but generally it is under the browser settings. After deleting cookies and cache for the Slithering website, try running the game once more and logging into the multiplayer lobby.
Hey Steve,

I can log in but the games show "Serial: Not Available". I have my games connected through Steam. DO i need to do something for it to push the serial number?

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”