Version 1.0.7 is officially released

3D version of Close Combat
Daniele

Version 1.0.7 is officially released

Post by Daniele »

Hi guys,

Version 1.0.7 is officially released.

The most prominent fix is about the surrender mechanic. With this update, units with low in morale and with high losses will surrender and will try to reach enemy's positions without being targeted automatically (but they can still be caught in the crossfire!).

Distance is also a factor, the farthest the units are engaging the less probable surrender could happen.

See you on the battlefield!

You can download the update from here

Mirror links:

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Close ... .00.07.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Close ... .00.07.zip
nikolascc

RE: Version 1.0.7 is officially released

Post by nikolascc »

What are the patch notes? Does this fix the multiplayer bug where you cannot proceed to the next mission?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

v1.00.07 – 04
th December 2019
• Fixed bug preventing some multiplayer games from advancing beyond the Debrief screen.
• UI showing host and client sides updates correctly when you select a saved game in the
multiplayer host dialog.
• Soldiers surrender check fixed. Soldiers may surrender when their stress is high, they are in close
contact with the enemy, and there are no supporting friendly units nearby. Surrendered
soldiers drop their weapons and walk toward the enemy rear to exit the map. Surrendered
soldiers can be recovered by moving a friendly unit very close to them when no enemy unit is
nearby. If recovered they will run off the friendly map edge.
• Crews are now more likely to abandon their vehicle or gun when they are panicked and the
vehicle / gun is damaged or immobilized.
• Threatened vehicle units may decide to move back if morale is low and they are damaged or they
are threatened by an enemy they can't kill.
• Vehicle weapons now orient correctly after loading an in-battle save.
• Vehicles knocked out in the current battle no longer have a duplicate wreck created for them when
you load an in-battle save.
• Bailed out crew members can no longer become 'stuck' beneath the vehicle they exited.
• Mortars longer report 'No Clear Shot' when firing at a target in line of sight if there is a friendly unit
is between them and the target.
• Fixed a potential crash bug when a soldier without a current weapon was attacked in hand to
hand combat.
• Soldier 'Cower' animation duration corrected to match actual length of effect.
• Having a panzerfaust no longer cause the unit to display the 'low ammo' warning icon.
• Bug fix for two crewed weapons being visible at once if a soldier with a crewed weapon picks up a
second.
• Steam: More descriptive error message now shown if you try to start the game without the Steam
Client running.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Markowicz

Post by Markowicz »

Here is a clip from last night's battle in which 4 American soldiers actually surrendered. At the debrief screen, however, the statistics only included two...

https://youtu.be/yw4TZtj37G0?t=1669
Attachments
GelafarelloDebrief.jpg
GelafarelloDebrief.jpg (155.28 KiB) Viewed 819 times
nikolascc

Post by nikolascc »

Awesome thank you
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

is the issue with squads and guns not being able to be put into bunkers properly being addressed? also the bad LOS from bunkers when guns etc actually manage to get in them.
Saturnian

Post by Saturnian »

woohoo! now I have to play the whole game over again! can my eyes take it, or are they too close to the screen and will surrender? [:D]
Saturnian

Post by Saturnian »

this update is fantastic. My soldiers seem more human than any other close combat game I have ever played.

Not only do they surrender, but if they panic and run away, they cool down and re-join their teams! This actually looked human, like their consciences were kicking in and they were going back to help their buddies.

This is really coming together nicely!
Watson

Post by Watson »

One thing I've found with Matrix over the years is they produce patches quickly and listen to their gamers
Semper Fi
Ezra

Post by Ezra »

Where is the latest 107 patch for the GOG version? It`s been a month and no update for GOG users.
nikolascc

Post by nikolascc »

Yeah I have yet to see it on GoG
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

AFAIK they have the updated version. If you are not using Galaxy it may take longer for them to push a new standalone installer?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

GOG Galaxy updated my TBF install to 1.07 on 12/12/19.
Quid si
nikolascc

Post by nikolascc »

GoG Galaxy updates it to the latest but the standalone installer is not there. In the past the latest update installer was available much quicker than this, which still isn't there.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”