Request\Wish list

3D version of Close Combat
ineffable

RE: Request\Wish list

Post by ineffable »

Follow cam - an option for the camera to follow a single unit from the same height/orientation for the entire battle.

An option to auto-save at specific points: Deploy, xx:59 (1 sec after start), mid-battle (halfway), 2:00, 00:01 (for spoofing ops), Battle Complete (even better than Debrief). My user could do as much but he is not the most punctual fellow.

A random scenario generator. Self-made scenarios lack the element of surprise.
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

A set of colored control zone maps. I have a hard time making out the line drawing versions.

Attachments
crestacolor.jpg
crestacolor.jpg (155.34 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Quid si
kweniston

Post by kweniston »

I just hope Matrix will finally unleash the full potential of this game. So many good features/improvements could be added.
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Declutter the (No) LOS line. Currently there are 3 No Los indicators - 1. red LOS line, 2. red Aim icon, 3. No LOS text box.

#1 alone is sufficient.

Attachments
FireLine.jpg
FireLine.jpg (56.51 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

For single-battle Save file ops, have the AI refill Main Force slots from its available roster when MF units become depleted. As is standard for regular ops.

EDIT: S.McClaire says user-generated ops will be part of Content Creator package so the above request is unnecessary.
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Make AI's use of the # Axis Temp supporting forces (count plus space separated list) line in Scenario files be list order instead of most powerful first. That way you could design counter-attack scenarios where armor wouldnt show up until the third battle or so after earlier listed units had been selected and replaced.
Quid si
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

ORIGINAL: ineffable

Declutter the (No) LOS line. Currently there are 3 No Los indicators - 1. red LOS line, 2. red Aim icon, 3. No LOS text box.

#1 alone is sufficient.

We are happy with the functionality of this UI, sorry.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
rbilly

Post by rbilly »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, and it's probably a pipe-dream, but a battle record/rewind feature sure would be nice.
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

ORIGINAL: rbilly
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, and it's probably a pipe-dream, but a battle record/rewind feature sure would be nice.
Use Win 10's built-in game recorder.
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

ORIGINAL: graemeross44
I would love to take more advantage of higher resolution monitors and multiple monitors.

High resolution - the screens are so nice it begs for a 4K monitor!

In the interim, move some of the status windows to a second monitor so we can see the whole map without those distractions.

I am just getting used to the game but it brings back the thrill of 1/300 micro armour and a ping pong table with terrain except I don’t get only 2 turns in and find out a day is done.

Please allow higher resolution and /or move the status windows to a second monitor. Love how beautiful the map looks and the windows, while useful to play, distract from enjoying the game.

TBF supports 4k. Its at the bottom of the list for screen resolutions.

Attachments
ScreenRes.jpg
ScreenRes.jpg (157.24 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Quid si
Markowicz

Post by Markowicz »

Why doesn't Slitherine just hire ineffable???
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Anybody can stand on the sidelines and toss good idea grenades into the fray. Bashing the code out of one's head to make them happen is orders of magnitude more difficult.

Besides, after investing tens of my hard-earned dollars into this enterprise, I believe the consortium of Matrix/McClaire/Slitherine is now working for me.
Quid si
Markowicz

Post by Markowicz »

Well I guess you clarified that. All I know is that far as great ideas go, you have quite a few of them and somebody over there needs your enthusiasm...
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Not being contentious here but we owe just about everything since Road to Baghdad to Steve 'The Blood' McClaire's enthusiasm for CC. From his early days as an itinerant classic CC tool maker and downright pitiful player, to now, nobody has invested more enthusiasm into this game. By rights TBF's full title should be "The Blood's: The Bloody First". It's just that as high-functioning individuals on the scale, the dev team isnt always capable of showing recognizable human emotion.
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

That reminds me - req. smoke barrages as support missions.
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

A unit icon should appear above nearby icons when selected. Selected unit icon below remains at the bottom of the pile.

Attachments
iconlayers.jpg
iconlayers.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Quid si
v1jcm

Post by v1jcm »

Please bring back the flee/retreat -button from the olden Close Combats!

I keep playing as axis, and in some cases the game can't go on until I am beaten. However I am too weak to win, and too strong to be wiped out. So, then, as the time runs out I start the groundhog day again and again. I would be happy to be out of that situation by using a tactical
retreat, and fighting another day. Just press the flee-button, and the whole map is surrendered to the enemy, and the campaign continues in the next map.

Love the game, though. I have been waiting for this for 15 years...
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Gear and Sub-unit icon limitation -

There is a display limit of 8 gear and sub-unit icons on the top row of the selection screen. Any additional icons only get displayed when the icon count is reduced below 8. Could this display limit be increased to take advantage of the extra space on that part of the selection screen?

Also, Im curious why the Extra Ammo upgrade has been made unavailable (-1)? It seems to work ok for each nation (0, 1 & 2). Pity that only mods would offer this neat little nugget.

Attachments
8iconsmax.jpg
8iconsmax.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Quid si
firecaptain

Post by firecaptain »

Edit soldiers names. Get real immersive.
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Allow scenario files to make multiple upgrades of a given type available instead of limiting upgrades to one of each kind.
Quid si

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”