Crossing the Suez Canal

Moderator: Jason Petho

edward77

Crossing the Suez Canal

Post by edward77 »

I cannot find any reference in the manual on BootCamps or the "How do I ....?" sections on how to ferry tanks and infantry across the Suez Canal. This is a major feature in Chinese Farm 4 with crewed boats, Engineering trucks and Timsachims. Could you please explain the procedures to get units across. Thank you
Jason Petho

RE: Crossing the Suez Canal

Post by Jason Petho »

There are a few things to note:

1. The methodology being described now will no longer be relevant after the next UPDATE to Middle East (after Vietnam is released)

2. In this scenario, only the Timsachim can carry vehicles.

3. You need have enough Strength Points in the carrying ferry/boat to carry the unit being crossed (6 SP Boats for 6 SP infantry)

4. You need to use the shallow hexes to load/unload from one side to the other. (moving the HQ from 30,43 to hex 30,41 - selecting both the HQ and the 2SP Timsachim so they are highlighted and then press the load button on the tool bar or CTRL + L)

5. You'll move the loaded Timsachim across the canal to the shallow hex and then unload (load button again or CTRL + L) when the unit has enough action points to do so.

6. Rinse, repeat.

Be wary of traffic jams

For the crewed boats, they are pretty much the same thing.

Move the crewed boat into the shallow hex

Move the infantry unit into the same hex and load it if it has enough action points.

Move it across the canal and unload

Be wary of traffic jams.

Rinse, repeat.

You can unload the rafts from the engineer trucks anywhere you want (I wouldn't leave them there as it will clog up the route to the ferries)

Move an infantry unit into the same hex as a raft and press load

Move the raft across the canal anywhere you wish and then unload when you're across.

You will NOT be able to reuse the rafts again though, so I would probably just leave them in the trucks and move them out of the way.

As noted above, there will be a relatively simpler procedure with the new UPDATE when it comes, from the lessons we've learned in developing the Vietnam game.
edward77

Post by edward77 »

Thank you Jason for such a prompt and comprehensive answer.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

You're most welcome!

Let me know if you have any other issues!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”