Attacking leaders

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Chris21wen

Attacking leaders

Post by Chris21wen »

I thought you could not attack stacked leaders dierctly. From the manual..

A Leader cannot be singled out as the target of an attack unless he is alone in a hex. Therefore, it is advisable to keep your Leader’s stacked with friendly units. Each time a hex containing a Leader is attacked, there is a 2% chance he will become a casualty. Each time a hex containing only a Leader, there is a 5% chance he will become a casualty.

This does not necessarily seem to be the case. I've held off until now questioning this and trying to find out what I've missed. In this situation I moved the leader and the inf from hex 60,27 to 59,27. The enemy inf in 57,26 and 57,27 may fire and do so at my inf. Not seen is an AT gun in 58,25. If that fires it has fired on the leader directly. It doesn't do it everytime so it's not hard and fast.

This isn't unique to this scenario I've seen it in others. Also, if I target a hex with a stacked leader I can select the leader as a target, or at least it looks as if I can.

Could someone explain what's going on.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (142.58 KiB) Viewed 528 times
Crossroads

RE: Attacking leaders

Post by Crossroads »

Hello Chris, one thing that might play into this are the concealment rules. If the leader is spotted, but the accompanying unit not, it is possible to fire at the leader.

In addition, with Adaptive A/I optional rule, there might be some twists and turns into this, as that is what it does, introduces a bit of chaos and unpredictability to battle field.

Jason and Berto might have more to say, these were my first thoughts, hope they help.
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
Chris21wen

RE: Attacking leaders

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Hello Chris, one thing that might play into this are the concealment rules. If the leader is spotted, but the accompanying unit not, it is possible to fire at the leader.

In addition, with Adaptive A/I optional rule, there might be some twists and turns into this, as that is what it does, introduces a bit of chaos and unpredictability to battle field.

Jason and Berto might have more to say, these were my first thoughts, hope they help.

Makes sense
simovitch

Re: RE: Attacking leaders

Post by simovitch »

Crossroads wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:01 pm Hello Chris, one thing that might play into this are the concealment rules. If the leader is spotted, but the accompanying unit not, it is possible to fire at the leader.

I'm seeing this singling out of leaders a bit too much for me to buy into this explanation 100%. It is what it is though, I suppose.
simovitch

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”