Routing units, brigade colors, morale rating

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

npsergio

Routing units, brigade colors, morale rating

Post by npsergio »

First, sorry in advance for for my writing, I'm not a native speaker...
Second, I think it's a great game-system, I'm really enjoying it, and I hope that you use a similar system for the Napoleonic ages in a future games serie... [&o] [&o] [&o]

Once that said, I've found some strange issues, that I hope that could be corrected in next patches (if they are some sort of bugs/errors)

Yesterday I was playing the federal side at Willson´s Creek against the AI:

- The federal pioneer unit was routed after combat and I continued to receive messages about this unit making a routing movement even after the unit left the map. Some turns later I receive a message saying that the unit had restored its order. But the unit was not in the battlefield any more...

- After the end of the battle both sides units are visible at the map. Some of the southern units where not at the map, but outside the map, in a black area to the northern "visible" edge of the map (I suspect they retired from the battlefield). I could scroll the map to the north, outside the map edge, and I discovered those units. I look after my pioner unit, but I didn´t found it, maybe it was there, in the "outer space"... [:D]

- The color code of the "nato" units was not correct (Wilson´s Creek, standard battle) regarding the "unit roster" colours (I was playing the federal side).

- When it was the IA turn, at the area where it says the turn being played, the data "our morale" was not correct. I suspect that it shows the average moral of the IA side, but I'm not sure about that. The true is that the morale rating was diferent during my turn, and during the IA turn. I don´t know if this is an error or if this is WAD... If it is WAD: is a true rating or, is it an estimation subjected to FOW?

- At the Starter Scenario I was able to capture a confederate baterry, I could move it, and I coul use it, but the unit retained the confederate structure, I mean that with the unit selected, the commanders shown over this unit where the confederates (Longstreet and another I cant remember about). I could not une these commanders orders, but they where there anyway... It was geat if it was some sort of intelligence gathered after the unit being captured, but the question is that I could not use my own commanders nor their abilities to use this guns. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, and best regards!

ericbabe

RE: Routing units, brigade colors, morale rating

Post by ericbabe »

Thank you for the kind words. Sorry for the late response, somehow a few threads I hadn't read in the BAB forum were flagged as read and so I didn't see them.

I'm not sure how a unit off the map could still be generating rout messages since units off the map aren't in the data table any more. Is it possible the unit was simply in a location which you couldn't see?

There were some miscolored units at Wilson's Creek, but I thought we fixed all these in a patch. Do you have the latest updates? If there are still errors, would you mind listing some of the units that are incorrectly colored.

Some of the displays may show AI information during the AI's turn, that's by design. This information is also available in the graphs so it's not spoiling anything. It's an estimate in the sense that it's calculated at a fixed point in time and doesn't update constantly.

Captured batteries do continue to show their old commanders, the notion being that you oughtn't be able to use your commanders' bonuses to help a unit that was grabbed during the battle. I could see arguments for allowing your commanders' bonuses to work though.
npsergio

Post by npsergio »

Ok...
Yes, probably I miss the unit as long as it was routing, to tell the truth I'm not sure.
Maybe brigade colors have been corrected, and the color are a bit confusing for my eyes? I will take a second look to it... I'm playing 1.06 version IRC.

This is a very interesting game with the command system, the AI taking command during the combats, moral system, etc. I'm really enjoying it. I've just played Bull Run and the AI have defeated me without too much trouble.
The AI seems to manage its forces very well. I saw how it deployed a "grand battery" on the top of Henry Hill, and how it keep their units defending the objectives making a good use of concealment.
The only "bad" thing was seeing it attaking with some units without support. Two batteries sent to flank my positions unsupported, and an infantery regiment sent alone to fight two of my brigades. But in some other places the AI sent some coordinated attacks and performed some retreats when things get hot.

The only thing that a don´t fully understand is how to correctly manage my high HQs (I mean divisional and up commanders). I mean, do they help to rally units? Do they have to be in command range from their subordinated units to add some bonusses (and which bonusses they add)?
npsergio

Post by npsergio »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe
There were some miscolored units at Wilson's Creek, but I thought we fixed all these in a patch. Do you have the latest updates? If there are still errors, would you mind listing some of the units that are incorrectly colored.

About Brigade colors:

3D vision is Ok, but the colors are wrong on the Nato symbols, here you have a screenshot:
(This is in the 1.06 version, Wilson's Creek standard scenario)

Attachments
BC.jpg
BC.jpg (48.58 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Return to “Tech Support”