Update File Missing???

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

dukewacoan

Update File Missing???

Post by dukewacoan »

When I attempt to check Update, it says the file is missing. At some point in the past Norton flagged the file and I think it deleted it. What do I need to do to restore the update file?
zakblood

RE: Update File Missing???

Post by zakblood »

redownload it, if that doesn't work, uninstall the game, making sure folder is wiped clean, then reinstall and repatch / update, good luck, and remember to disable your antivirus next time when patching, leave it on to download, then go offline, and disable it...

good luck, or wait for support to give a better or different answer, maybe more correct, but guess not[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: dukewacoan

When I attempt to check Update, it says the file is missing. At some point in the past Norton flagged the file and I think it deleted it. What do I need to do to restore the update file?

You might try checking Nortons menu to see if you can 'restore' the missing file. Some AV's quarantine the files and allow you to put them back.

Rick
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: Rick

ORIGINAL: dukewacoan

You might try checking Nortons menu to see if you can 'restore' the missing file. Some AV's quarantine the files and allow you to put them back.

Rick

I agree I had a problem with Pandora and Norton after each update would quarantine one of the files and I would have to go in and un-quarantine it.

However I also posted (no answer received) that with the last update the start screen where you can check for updates no longer came up. I have found since that I can go into the BAB game folder and there I found an update icon that still allows me to check for updates. Just in case you'd like to look to see if you have such a file in your Matrix/Brother Against Brother folder.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

This sort of issue is one for Matrix Support rather than WCS, so it would be best to post a question in the main forum's support area with a link here. Nothing Eric or I can do to help.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

You should be able to restore the file from quarantine:
https://support.symantec.com/en_US/arti ... 50607.html

Alternately you can also reinstall the game. If you need a a new download link just open a helpdesk ticket or contact us at support[at]slitherine.co.uk

You might need as well to create an exception rule for excluding the game files from Norton scan:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/hom ... file_en_us

Return to “Tech Support”