Version 1.06

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Yogi the Great

Version 1.06

Post by Yogi the Great »

I also posted the below in the announcement for the new update but thought I should put it under tech support as well.
----------------
?? I updated by checking check for updates on the "start" screen.

When I start the game now it no longer shows the "start" screen first where you choose options such as play, check for updates, manual etc. it just goes straight to the game. It does display the new version number so it did update but it seems odd that it goes straight to the game. Now to check for updates I have to go to where the BAB folder is on the computer and there is an icon there to check for update but I wonder why that was removed as a start screen. A bug? or just n individual oddity in my download?

(also I updated Order of Battle Pacific today the same way and I still have a "start" screen as before the update)
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
jimi3

RE: Version 1.06

Post by jimi3 »

I ran the update this morning. Now when I try to access the start menu I get a message "Failed to extract project file to memory" I can still run the game with the quick start option.
Cheers, Jim
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

ORIGINAL: jimi3

I ran the update this morning. Now when I try to access the start menu I get a message "Failed to extract project file to memory" I can still run the game with the quick start option.

I had the same problem too, yes I was able to create a shortcut quick start and that works for me (with above interesting loss of "start" page.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

I'll have to let the Slitherine/Matrix guys answer this one. We don't have anything to do with the installer.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Please check your Internet security programs (anti-virus, anti-malware, firewall, etc.), they might be interfering.

It's also possible that the autorun file is already corrupted. Once more usually this is caused by Internet security programs.
You can always try to reinstall the game and install the patch.
jimi3

Post by jimi3 »

I did an uninstall and clean reinstall with all AV turned off. Still had a problem on update saying autorun.exe was in use. Went into task manager-processes and found autorun active. Stopped it there. Installing the update went smooth after that.
Cheers, Jim

Return to “Tech Support”