So is this game worth it at the sale price?

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

ThomasJay

So is this game worth it at the sale price?

Post by ThomasJay »

My main interest is Wilsons creek as I had an ancestor there with the State Guard, so its one of my favorite smaller civil war battles.
I realize it's essentially abandoned and lacks much of a tutorial. I'm familiar with the FoF tactical system and from the screenshots it looks like there's some similarity. Would that make it easier to pickup the gameplay mechanics?

Any response before the sale ends would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Freyr Oakenshield

RE: So is this game worth it at the sale price?

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

ORIGINAL: ThomasJay

My main interest is Wilsons creek as I had an ancestor there with the State Guard, so its one of my favorite smaller civil war battles.
I realize it's essentially abandoned and lacks much of a tutorial. I'm familiar with the FoF tactical system and from the screenshots it looks like there's some similarity. Would that make it easier to pickup the gameplay mechanics?

Thanks!

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/civil-war-games/

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4814477
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: ThomasJay

Thanks!

its pretty intuitive to play and yes, similar to the FoF tactical routines
ThomasJay

Post by ThomasJay »

ORIGINAL: loki100

its pretty intuitive to play and yes, similar to the FoF tactical routines

Thank you for your reply. I picked it up and it does seem fairly intuitive and the manual is very impressive as well.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

glad you enjoyed it, tbh i'm still of the opinion there's nothing like it or comes close out either or on the drawing boards, alpha / beta wise, so is a jewel to be enjoyed and savoured, as i can't see anything coming close any time soon
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”