Maps

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

bazjak

Maps

Post by bazjak »

Hi after all my moaning about tutorials and getting nowhere i have decided to TRY and learn this game
I would love to print the maps out but have no idea as they are in a format that i dont understand
GBMAP File
PCX File
Any help would be grateful
Thanks in advance
Floyd

RE: Maps

Post by Floyd »

I would recommend a freeware program called IrfanView:
https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm

It can read PCX files and has a print option.
bazjak

Post by bazjak »

Thanks Floyd
I'll give it a go
UnionWarDog

Post by UnionWarDog »

Hey bazjak,

If you looking to create a map or scenario and want some help with the files, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I've done a lot of scenario creation with JTS ACW, TOAW and PG series.

Let me know if I can help.

I'm curios to see how this thing works too.

Hopefully its not a monster process for a small little scenario to create [;)]
ringoblood

Post by ringoblood »

This software looks good, I'll give it a go and see about creating a few maps of mine own and trying them out, the game fun, basic, wish Matrix updated it more but we got what we got so we run with it, thanks, Floyd.
Beta Tester:
1. The Bloody First
2. Warplan

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”