Pak 36 vs 2pdr ATG

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Peasant2021

Pak 36 vs 2pdr ATG

Post by Peasant2021 »

Hi, I am a new player who only recently bought this game. Although I've been enjoying the gameplay so far, there are some things that perplex me about balancing choices made by developers: although they did a good job of researching the weapons of each time period, there are many instances where their stat-wise representation in the game is unrealistic. For example, the 37mm German anti-tank gun is depicted as having about the same power as the UK 40mm 2pdr gun, which is pretty far from the truth: while the latter can be used to deal with armour of up to 60-80mm thick, the former is much weaker and can only be a threat for tanks with 40-50mm of (vertical) armour, (unless its firing it's special subcaliber shell, which would still be more effective than its normal ammo only up to 300m range).

I was about to post a screenshot showing a comparison between the two, but the forum does not allow new accounts to do so.

Return to “Battle Academy”