Walk on the Water

Perturabo

Walk on the Water

Post by Perturabo »

I started playing unmodded Armored Brigade inspired by some videos on youtube by some extremely unskilled players who didn't even bother to properly familiarize themselves with mechanics and interface. I first attempted to record a video AAR but couldn't get sound to work, so I have settled on making some screenshots.

It's the first mission. Two companies of BTR and a T-72 company attacking through a fordable river.

There are two fords, the East leads to thick forest and some buildings that make a perfect site for an ambush so I decided to bypass that one, leaving only a tank platoon in overwatching position and a scout team.
I ordered Mortar battery to fire 60 rounds at warehouse near Crossroads South objective.

I attacked through the Western ford, dismounting a BTR company before crossing with BTRs and a tank platoon left in overwatching position. Another tank platoon and BTR company were ready to cross the ford and continue advance when needed. The vehicles engaged an enemy BTR platoon and destroyed its vehicles and one infantry squad and then engaged and destroyed two scout teams encountered by the advancing infantry.
Tanks have destroyed two enemy tracked vehicles in vicinity of Crossroads South objective.

Next the infantry was fired upon by and detected engaged an enemy rifle platoon occupying the Crossroads West objective.

The enemy infantry was destroyed in less than three minutes by overwhelming firepower of the attacking force.

I have sent three infantry squads to secure the dense terrain West of the objective and the objective itself and also moved three BTRs, including company command vehicle across the ford.

I ordered two BTRs to move towards the Crossroad West objective and one of them was engaged and destroyed by enemy AT guns.

One AT gun was destroyed by tank fire, another was obscured by smoke kicked up by tank gun fire. I ordered the mortar battery to fire 36 rounds at it and assaulted it with four infantry squads. It turned out to have been neutralised by mortar fire.
Meanwhile I ordered mortars to fire at enemy tracked vehicle near Objective South objective, destroying it and ordered a tank platoon and a second BTR company to ford the river and move towards the Crossroads West objective.

This concludes part one of the AAR.
Perturabo

RE: Walk on the Water

Post by Perturabo »

Continuing AAR.

I have sent an infantry squad to check out the ruins along the road leading to the wood just West of the objective Crossroads South.

At 00:39:29, an enemy tracked vehicle was spotted in woods South of the objective Crossroads West and was destroyed with APSFDs round by one of the tanks on overwatch position across the river. The shot has been fired at range of 2819m.

The plan was to get the second BTR company to dismount about 500m from the wood and for the infantry to advance into the wood without its vehicles.

The infantry South of the objective Crossroads West got into a shootout with enemy infantry in the woods, losing one squad.

As the second BTR company was proceeding along the road, it lost a BTR just East of the objective Crossroads West. It turned out that the woods are infested with BMPs and enemy infantry.

The dismounted infantry platoon of the first BTR company near the woods destroyed two BMPs with ATGMs and has destroyed enemy infantry with help of mortars and BTRs.

The second BTR company dismounted and entered the forest and captured the objective with help of tank platoon and mortar fire.

In the end the tank platoon engaged and destroyed an enemy AFV about 2km away to the East and the mission ended with a Total Victory.

I continued the mission to finish the engagement with these AFVs. The last of them remained hidden in the woods and the final 30 mortar rounds failed to destroy it.

Final result. Thanks to a good plan, my losses were way smaller than the enemies.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Sort of weird that the enemy didn't have mortars.
Weregamba

Post by Weregamba »

Very nice, well planned AAR, congrats

I played some time ago and I lost many more vehicles to the varied ATs in the forest in the south... I should have screened more with my infantry like you did.

Also, I left some token force on the East side in case there was some counter attack form there... at the end I send them crossing and it was a slaughter house, that place is the worst for crossing, great fields of fire for them, awful visibility for you.

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “AAR”