Armored Brigade Update v1.051

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
Daniele

Armored Brigade Update v1.051

Post by Daniele »

Armored Brigade has been updated to version 1.051.

For Steam users:
Please note that Savegames from older builds are not compatible.

You can download the update from here

v1.051
• Pressing the 'ESC' key in the high-resolution LOS mode takes back to the 'Preview' mode.
• Add hotkey: 'Ctrl + M', 'Place map markers'.
• Add map editor hotkey: 'Ctrl + Shift + +/-', 'Adjust the preview map opacity in 5% steps'.
• Improve the LOS tool 'Preview' and 'Profile' modes.
• Show the 50% or less visible areas differently in the 'Non-gradual B&W' LOS tool color mode.
• When a single unit is selected, show the location LOS % next to the mouse cursor.
rpg42

RE: Armored Brigade Update v1.051

Post by rpg42 »

And what am I now to start the campaign again?
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: rpg42

And what am I now to start the campaign again?

I admit that savegame compatibility could have been much better than it has been so far. As the 2020 resolution, I promise to do my best to make sure that old savegames will be compatible with the further 1.x engine updates.
Know thyself!
Af1352pasha

Post by Af1352pasha »

How the preview map opacity work? I have high resolution preview png file in my map folder but when I press 'Ctrl + Shift + +/-' nothing changed!. I think the preview shall be visible in main game and not in hotkey T or Q environment .
Af1352pasha

Post by Af1352pasha »

Solved!

Shall use the Ctrl + Shift with numpad of keyboard .
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

Thanks for the update!

I was playing with beta version, but now it is official update, so I need to check off beta version from Steam, right?
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Can someone please fix the installer so it does not lock into C:/Armored Brigade as the install location?

This has been requested numerous times, and one is forced to take the risky proposition of installing to the root directory and copying files to the user's install directory.

Not seen an installer like this in the history of Matrix, so please fix. [:)]
Thomasew

Post by Thomasew »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

Can someone please fix the installer so it does not lock into C:/Armored Brigade as the install location?

This has been requested numerous times, and one is forced to take the risky proposition of installing to the root directory and copying files to the user's install directory.

Not seen an installer like this in the history of Matrix, so please fix. [:)]

Found my Install location without any issues .. i.e. L:\Matrix Games\Armored Brigade\

.. no user input from me whatsoever.

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

The changelog above is missing the 1.049 changes that were introduced in the Steam beta (and it was actually that patch that broke the savegames):

[engine] Improve hill shading.
[engine] Implement the 'Rice field' terrain type.
[engine] Reset the unit engagement range settings automatically when under fire.
[engine] Halve the 'rotate' order command delay.
[graphics] Update the winter warehouse pattern.
[ui] Implement the stylized unit icon set option.
[ui] Implement the LOS tool preview and profile features.
[ui] Implement the map editor preview image opacity +/- hotkeys.
Know thyself!
exsonic01

Post by exsonic01 »

ORIGINAL: Veitikka
The changelog above is missing the 1.049 changes that were introduced in the Steam beta (and it was actually that patch that broke the savegames):
[engine] Improve hill shading.
[engine] Implement the 'Rice field' terrain type.
[engine] Reset the unit engagement range settings automatically when under fire.
[engine] Halve the 'rotate' order command delay.
[graphics] Update the winter warehouse pattern.
[ui] Implement the stylized unit icon set option.
[ui] Implement the LOS tool preview and profile features.
[ui] Implement the map editor preview image opacity +/- hotkeys.
Thanks for those works!
Very strange, I also installed both Steam and Matrix AB in D drive, and they are all working properly...
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: exsonic01

Thanks for the update!

I was playing with beta version, but now it is official update, so I need to check off beta version from Steam, right?

Yes, the build 1.051 adds more features to the build 1.049 that was the Steam beta.
Know thyself!
Lowlaner2012

Post by Lowlaner2012 »

Thanks for the hard work and the patch :)
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Updating files manually messed up my primary install, but have a backup of course on a SSD. So reinstalled it all to C:/Armored Brigade.

Considering the flawless implementation of custom databases, I will live with this and succumb to the desires of the machine. [8|]
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

Updating files manually messed up my primary install, but have a backup of course on a SSD. So reinstalled it all to C:/Armored Brigade.

Considering the flawless implementation of custom databases, I will live with this and succumb to the desires of the machine. [8|]

Do you have this forced C:/Armored Brigade installation occurring on one of your systems, or have you tried installing it on a different system?
Know thyself!
RollsRoyce031

Post by RollsRoyce031 »

Hello Veitikka. Would you please update the game manual. (I am especially thinking about the new LOS tool).

Greate game. Good continuation.
La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas !
erichswafford

Post by erichswafford »

I love the new LOS preview tool, but for those us playing with rather powerful PC's, could you give us the option of making it even more high-resolution?

Right now it seems to show a dot for every 5th grid square and, especially for the smaller scenarios, I'd like to have the option to have a dot right down to 1 for every grid square.

That would just about remove the need to ever click to see LOS. I realize it's more computationally intensive, but I'm running a 5.2ghz i9-9900KS and I think it can handle it ;)
"It is right to learn, even from the enemy."
- Ovid
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: erichswafford

I love the new LOS preview tool, but for those us playing with rather powerful PC's, could you give us the option of making it even more high-resolution?

Right now it seems to show a dot for every 5th grid square and, especially for the smaller scenarios, I'd like to have the option to have a dot right down to 1 for every grid square.

That would just about remove the need to ever click to see LOS. I realize it's more computationally intensive, but I'm running a 5.2ghz i9-9900KS and I think it can handle it ;)

I guess the resolution could be adjustable. On the largest map size, how long does the green loading bar stay on screen when you click for the high resolution LOS?
Know thyself!
erichswafford

Post by erichswafford »

ORIGINAL: erichswafford

I guess the resolution could be adjustable. On the largest map size, how long does the green loading bar stay on screen when you click for the high resolution LOS?
Less than a second as far as I can recall. I play on a few different machines. The main one has a 4.8ghz 6700K + RTX2080ti and everything is instant.
"It is right to learn, even from the enemy."
- Ovid
varangy

Post by varangy »

My laptop:
-1920x1080
-i5-8250U
-no additional GPU
-16 GB RAM
-Linux w/steam/proton

~450 milliseconds.

Return to “Armored Brigade”