Jewish Wars?

Alea Jacta Est is a series of Ancient Strategy Games using the renowned and proven AGE engine. The first in the series is Alea Jacta Est, which features the Roman Civil Wars. Other games in the series are Birth of Rome and Parthian Wars. The latest entry, Hannibal: Terror of Rome, highlights the Second Punic War.
AEWHistory

Jewish Wars?

Post by AEWHistory »

I’m thinking of buying this game and I was wondering if any of the scenario packs include the Jewish Wars against Rome? If not, is there any plan to bring these out? I’d think there would be quite a bit of interest in the Masada revolt, and even the Kitos Wars and Bar Kochba would be really interesting both politically and strategically.

Thanks, Aaron
Franciscus

RE: Jewish Wars?

Post by Franciscus »

Hi, AEWHistory.

There is no scenario specific to the jewish wars, but in several scenarios the jewish revolts are present. Namely:
- In the AJE base game, Vespasian has to deal with the jewish rebels in the The Year of 4 emperors scenario (68AD - and Masada is a Jewish fortress) besides having to deal with other roman rivals
- in The Parthian Wars DLC/expansion, the roman faction has to deal with jewish rebellions that come as events: In the Marcus Antonius scenario (40BC), and also in the Trajan scenario (Egypt, Cyrenaica and Cyprus jewish rebellions of 116AD)

Regards and happy 2018
Former AJE team member
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Not on the same topic but do you think there is more to come in terms of DLC for this series?

For example, Gallic Wars are not yet treated. Would be great to have names like Alesia, Gergovia or Vercingetorix.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Not on the same topic but do you think there is more to come in terms of DLC for this series?

For example, Gallic Wars are not yet treated. Would be great to have names like Alesia, Gergovia or Vercingetorix.

Hi

I can only say that personally I will not be involved in the forseeable future in future development/expansions or DLCs for this game series.

I cannot tell if Ageod or the other members of AJE team have further plans. I sincerely do not know.

Regards
Former AJE team member
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Thanks Franciscus
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”