How do you run Parthian Wars?

Alea Jacta Est is a series of Ancient Strategy Games using the renowned and proven AGE engine. The first in the series is Alea Jacta Est, which features the Roman Civil Wars. Other games in the series are Birth of Rome and Parthian Wars. The latest entry, Hannibal: Terror of Rome, highlights the Second Punic War.
aster

How do you run Parthian Wars?

Post by aster »

Hi all,

Just purchased AJE and Parthian Wars and am having trouble loading the latter.

I'm assuming it's supposed to be loaded separately from the main AJE program, as there doesn't appear to be a link within AJE proper.

But after installation of Parthian Wars I can't figure out where to do so. In my start menu under Parthian Wars there's a nonfunctioning link to "Alea Jacta Est" but it tries to load some autorun file that doesn't exist. There doesn't appear to be a file in the expansion's directory itself.

Any suggestions where to find this? Thanks in advance.
aspqrz02

RE: How do you run Parthian Wars?

Post by aspqrz02 »

It's not a standalone game, there are several (three?) scenarios added to the scenario list in AJE, labelled as 'Parthian Wars' ... so you should simply start AJE normally.

Phil
Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi

Sorry for a late answer. As aspqrz answered, Parthian Wars extension adds 5 scenarios (Carrhae campaign, Caesar "what-if" scenario, Marcus Antonius, Traianus and Severus campaigns), that will appear in the scenario list when you open your AJE game

Regards
Former AJE team member
ed72n

Post by ed72n »

I see on the product description that Hannibal: Terror of Rome is "stand alone" so is it possible to run Parthian Wars from this? I don't have AJE base game (or any others of the series) but like the subject matter better with these two sets. Thanks for your help.
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

Hi
Sorry for a late answer

Parthian Wars is an extension of AJE, it does not work directly with HAN

Regards
Former AJE team member

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”