Opponent wanted: PBEM for newbies

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

nukkxx5058

Opponent wanted: PBEM for newbies

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hi, I'm looking for another newbie to start an initiation PBEM.

Yes, I know I could play solo to learn the game but I simply can't stand solo games anymore. I prefer to share a game with other humans. And I found out that PBEM is a great way to learn a game.

I have nearly no experience with ATG. I played the 3 tutorials once, played a few turns in solo (less than 10) and 3 years ago I started a GD1938 4-player PBEM but unfortunately the game didn't run very long (maybe 10 turns ?) due to one player who stopped responding :-(

Willing to start playing ATG seriously, I'm looking for one other beginners to start an initiation PBEM.

- True beginner only please (I am a true beginner, so you've been warned :mrgreen: :-) )
- New Dawn random game
- I have Steam's New Dawn Phoenix beta version
- 1 turn every 2 days minimum guaranteed (more if/when convenient, ideally 1 turn per day)
- medium size map, normal world, mirrorish , stone edge, 1 town start, full range climate, continental size normal
- Least possible advanced world and technology (see options above)
- File exchange and communication preferably on Discord

Game parameters are of course negotiable

Any volunteer ?
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
nukkxx5058

Re: Opponent wanted: PBEM for newbies

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Closed. Started a Decisive Campaigns Ardennes instead.
In case you want to play ATG, please send me a note. Will see if I can find a free slot but no guarantee...
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I am sorry you didn't find anyone.

I considered myself too experienced for your request. I think most people here are like that. Getting someone to play that is a newbie almost requires they just purchased the game, or at least within a few weeks, maybe a month or two. Maybe more if someone just wanted to try the AI first.

In any case, you know you are always welcome to reach out to me, and I'll see if I or someone I know has time. If not I think you are always welcome to play a GD game. We are a group of diehard fans of it. :D
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

I am not a 'noob' per this great game; though, based on my experience...I play like one.
If that is acceptable, we could try a game when you are ready.
Vic's Shadow Empire (same 'dev') is the game I have been playing a lot of for the past 2 years (mostly multiplayer) &...I highly recommend it.
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Hi, unfortunately, I'm not able to start a new game ATM. My offer is quite old and I didn't find anybody so instead I started two Shadow Empire PBEM. These plus all my other PBEM on JTS games and other games make that I don't have any free slot anymore. It's a pity because I really want to play ATG ...

Will post here again as soon as I'm available.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”