GD 1938 and version 2.28

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Redbird

GD 1938 and version 2.28

Post by Redbird »

Seems that the diplomacy cards in GD1938 no longer bring up a country select screen? Was fine until Steam updated to 2.28b. Excellent mod, BTW!
cpdeyoung

RE: GD 1938 and version 2.28

Post by cpdeyoung »

Be sure you select "Use map" rather than "Use box". There is a card for this.

If you do not select "Use map" the map comes up but cannot be used to choose a nation.

Chuck

PS : It is an incredibly wonderful mod indeed.
BvB

Post by BvB »

haven't been on here in a while, but at least now the cards work :)
Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: BvB
haven't been on here in a while, but at least now the cards work :)

FYI: I have changed no code on if the work. If there has been any reason they did not work, it was done by a patch to the main game, not me. Of course, there is always the off chance that the card was used expecting one result, but it being programmed to do something else.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
BvB

Post by BvB »

I agree, the new patch is at fault. So I was responding that the work around I can now use the cards that way. Salute for the work on this massive scenario. So far most people I normally play feel intimidated by the size. So I've tinkered with it by either playing all nations or trying with some as AI knowing that AI won't utilize cards. I'll then utilize the TOE system to get replacements to units faster. Just have to keep modifying as new tech arrives.
Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”