AT PHOENIX WISHLIST

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

budd

Re: AT PHOENIX WISHLIST

Post by budd »

I'm talking about just adjusting one unit's TOE in game and keeping the original. I want to adjust your Infantry TOE but keep the original infantry listing in the TOE list, call it Infantry 2 or something. I can start from a new unit and add what I want and call it Infantry 2 but I can't copy your Infantry and use that for a base for my adjustments. When you export you export the whole list of TOE units. When I adjust and try to save my changes to just the Infantry TOE, it overwrites yours.

I'm probably not explaining it to well.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Within the current game, the best way to accomplish what you are trying to do is:

1) start with a blank TOE
2) add one infantry unit
3) fill out the component parts
4) export that one infantry unit TOE
5) in game, import your main TOE
6) when ready, import your one infantry unit TOE and it will be added to the bottom of the currently loaded TOE.

Make as many of these one unit TOEs as you like and import when you are ready to use.
budd wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 pm I'm talking about just adjusting one unit's TOE in game and keeping the original. I want to adjust your Infantry TOE but keep the original infantry listing in the TOE list, call it Infantry 2 or something. I can start from a new unit and add what I want and call it Infantry 2 but I can't copy your Infantry and use that for a base for my adjustments. When you export you export the whole list of TOE units. When I adjust and try to save my changes to just the Infantry TOE, it overwrites yours.

I'm probably not explaining it to well.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
budd

Post by budd »

Yea, I figured that would work, having a copy/save as function would be a lot quicker :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

New Wish List Item:

A button on the main UI for Production Overview.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Vic

Post by Vic »

New Open Beta version posted for the Phoenix Team!
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Ringorango

Post by Ringorango »

I can't install the update. This message comes up:
"A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on your computer"
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Ringorango wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:26 pm I can't install the update. This message comes up:
"A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on your computer"
There should be an option to install anyway. What exactly does the pop-up box say?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Just skip it and continue. The message simply means it is not going to overwrite a newer version. All is good.
Ringorango wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:26 pm I can't install the update. This message comes up:
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Tac2i wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:50 pm Just skip it and continue. The message simply means it is not going to overwrite a newer version. All is good.
Exactly
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Ringorango

Post by Ringorango »

ernieschwitz wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:59 am
Tac2i wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:50 pm Just skip it and continue. The message simply means it is not going to overwrite a newer version. All is good.
Exactly
thank you very much, but it doesn't work
There is no option to "skip
Ringorango

Post by Ringorango »

Ringorango wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:43 pm

Exactly
Resuelva los siguientes problemas:

Se ha detectado una versión más reciente de Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable en el equipo.
Ringorango

Post by Ringorango »

Ringorango wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:43 pm

Exactly
Resuelva los siguientes problemas:

Se ha detectado una versión más reciente de Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable en el equipo.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Can I get you to send a screenshot of the problem? Post it here, or send it via a PM to me :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Ringorango

Post by Ringorango »

ernieschwitz wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:08 am Can I get you to send a screenshot of the problem? Post it here, or send it via a PM to me :)
OK thanks
SnowLeopardX

Post by SnowLeopardX »

Hi All,

I appreciate the opportunity to provide input on the development of new levels of AT. I have probably played over 1,000 hours of the game. I love the game and am thankful that people are putting time into updating it.

Some suggestions:

My number one request: for love of all that is Good and Holy, please make it so GROUND UNITS CAN'T RETREAT FROM AIR ATTACK WHILE THE AIR UNITS STILL HAVE ATTACK/ACTION POINTS. This is my least favorite and most frustrating aspect of the game.

Here is what I am seeking to avoid: enemy has single rifle unit six hexes away from a town/airbase with a large stack of my bombers. I transfer a single bomber into an empty unit, and do an air attack. During combat, the enemy rifle retreats within two attack turns. The bomber returns to base with four action/attack points left, but, there isn't an enemy unit with four hexes and I don't want to re-base the bombers, so the action points are wasted. I transfer this bomber to a "done" unit. I transfer another fresh single bomber to the empty unit, to again attack the enemy single rifle. Again, the enemy retreats after only one or two attack/action points are complete. I keep doing this until one bomber finally destroys the single enemy. Sometimes, this takes five or six transfer-attack-transfer sequences, all to destroy one single rifle unit with zero readiness. I have wasted hours of my life doing this and it makes me want to stop playing.

The proposal - if all ground units in a hex have either retreated (or been destroyed), but air units still have attack/action points, combat begins again, air attack on the previously retreated units. This seems realistic to me - I don't think in real life combat pilots with fuel and ammunition remaining say, "Looks like those troops down there are wounded and in disarray - time to leave them alone to regroup, and for me to return to base".

Other suggestions:

My way of playing is to set up a maximum-sized random ATWW2 game with nine AI++ opponents and as many cities as possible, and then play the 100 hours plus it takes to clear the board.

* With such long games, it would be nice to have the option to toggle battle animations off, and just show final results of each battle.

* As much as I like the textured green fields of ATG (so most of the planet doesn't look like an empty desert Arrakis like it does in ATWW2) and the improved AI, I only play ATWW2 and don't play ATG games because I find city nationalities so frustrating. I get that nationalities make sense in a historical scenario, but it would be nice to turn them off (i.e. all city populations are "universals") for a random game.

* The unitary "supply" of ATWW2 is all the logistical abstraction that I want to deal with, without adding in oil and ore also. Might be good to have an option to choose to skip oil and ore and only use singular "supply" if desired, at the beginning of random game creation.

So those are my main four crucial and strong requests: 1. if air units still have attack/action points left and all enemy ground units they are attacking have been destroyed or retreated, have combat begin again with the retreated ground units, 2. ability to toggle battle animations off, 3. ability to make all populations universals, and 4. ability to toggle oil/ore off and just use old fashioned "supply".

=====================================

Other requests and suggestions:

* When making a tech upgrade (i.e. "Bazooka 2" to "Bazooka 3"), to be able to upgrade all sub-units at once, rather than having to go to each unit individually

* Infinite vertical scroll option as well as horizontal

* Higher level engineers who can create bridges for up to two hexes wide over ocean/sea (1000 EP, 25 PP, three turns per hex) and make canals for ships to traverse (400 EP, 10 PP, two turns). Higher level engineers also able to clear a forest, drain a swamp, and drill roads through a tall mountain. Make fortress building by higher level engineers only. Maybe level 4 engineers can build villages (1000 EP, 25 PP, three turns) and towns (4000 EP, 60 PP, five turns).

* As others have suggested, level 2+ paratroops that can carry machine guns, bazookas, and mortars

* As much fun as it is to whip units from one side of the planet to another within a single turn, it would probably be more realistic to put some limits to the distance of strategic transport

* In a single human/multiple AI game, have an option that once the human has more than half the military power and/or production capacity, they can have different remaining AI regimes band together into one regime

* A button that has the computer swap around and rearrange production to try to match up cities and HQs as geographically closely with each other as possible. For a huge map, doing this manually can take a lot of time, remembering city names and locations, and scribbling on a pad of paper.

* As others have suggested, the ability to divide an artillery unit's attack action points between more than one hex.

* A visual report that shows a heat map of where on the geographical map heaviest fighting has happened so far (in terms of total attacks made, enemy units weight destroyed, and/or your unit weight destroyed)

Thank you for considering.
Last edited by SnowLeopardX on Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColRosenberger

Post by ColRosenberger »

• Naval AI
  • Out-of-the box support for playing the game like Empire Deluxe, i.e. generate a random map where every player starts with a single city and the rest of the map is populated by capturable neutrals covered in shroud. Tweak the AI to be efficient in this kind of land grab scenario where it should rush early expansion instead of progressing slowly and creating an even front.
  • A simple and fun fictional campaign with that starts simple with a few infantry units, and progressively introduces more complex stuff on a larger scale, similar to the one in People's Tactics.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”