NATO Counters (Solitaire/Multiplayer)

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Lubaru

RE: NATO Counters (Manual Process)

Post by Lubaru »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

I don't know what the problem is, the first post in this thread explains it rather easily.
Ok sounds like you just like to argue or be a smart ___. But if you want to help then read the question. Where is the install referenced by the post I quoted. I am obviously just overlooking it.
bobarossa

Post by bobarossa »

Sorry to butt in. If you look at post #72 of this thread there is a link to a thread on the NATO counters mod with active download links in the first post. Not sure about the one you were referencing as it is for an older version of ATG.
Edit: and now that I look, it's the first post of the thread we're in!
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

ORIGINAL: bobarossa

Sorry to butt in. If you look at post #72 of this thread there is a link to a thread on the NATO counters mod with active download links in the first post. Not sure about the one you were referencing as it is for an older version of ATG.
Edit: and now that I look, it's the first post of the thread we're in!

Yes thank you. That is what I was finding. It seems the link for the Auto install goes straight to the first post in this thread, and yet there does not appear to be an install there. Regardless I am able to get the nato counters but have not been successful with the large zoomed in counters. I believe I properly follow the instructions for the zoomed in counters (which as someone else was saying are indeed easy to follow) then when I start the game I get no counters of any kind. I may be doing something wrong of course so I will give it another go. Maybe do a reinstall and try again. Thanks for your help.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Lubaru

I don't know what the problem is, the first post in this thread explains it rather easily.
Ok sounds like you just like to argue or be a smart ___. But if you want to help then read the question. Where is the install referenced by the post I quoted. I am obviously just overlooking it.

Sorry. I was feeling annoyed at the fact that I actually tried to help, and your reaction seemed to be, I don't want your help, I will just quit, and get a refund.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

ORIGINAL: Lubaru

Sorry. I was feeling annoyed at the fact that I actually tried to help, and your reaction seemed to be, I don't want your help, I will just quit, and get a refund.
Its cool. Thanks for the help.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Been awhile, so bumping this back to the top. I noticed there are at least a couple of new NATO counter mods. This mod should have no affect on the NATO counters used by the TOE system. In fact, if memory serves me correctly I believe Vic used my NATO counters as a base for those of the TOE system.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Bumping, so new players my find more easily.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

It's six years later. NATO counters still don't work. Is there ANY REASONABLE WAY To make the game use NATO counters?
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Define what you mean by reasonable.

This mod, that this thread is about, simply says, download this, and extract it via the games unzip function. Doesn't get much easier than that, does it?
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

I just figured out the problem. NATO counters will only work with the new scenarios. All of the classic ones, the ones I wanted to play, are therefore lost to me.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Well, the same way of modding this can be done for them. Just someone has to find the time. Perhaps the OP will do it :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Bumping back to top for new players to see...
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Hodugherty

Post by Hodugherty »

I edited all of the .at2 files and now it is working. thanks.
Tac2i

Re: NATO Counters (Solitaire/Multiplayer)

Post by Tac2i »

Time for me to review this mod and see if any changes are necessary.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
rhinobones

Re: NATO Counters (Solitaire/Multiplayer)

Post by rhinobones »

The attached files are for the ATG community. Years ago, I played around with ATG and made sets of NATO counters more to my liking. The nine files within the zip file are free to use, or modify, by all ATG players.

Just thought I would offer these files since I have no expectation that I will ever use them again.

Regards, RhinoBones
Attachments
SFTypeSymbols_.zip
(337.62 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
SFTypeSymbols_Allied.JPG
SFTypeSymbols_Allied.JPG (72.15 KiB) Viewed 897 times
SFTypeSymbols_Axis.JPG
SFTypeSymbols_Axis.JPG (72.29 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags