GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR TURKEY

Post Strategy Guides and share gameplay tips here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

hellfirejet

GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR TURKEY

Post by hellfirejet »

Hello all,
These threads are for gamers to help improve the game, from there experience of individual Nation initial setups.Please help us by your input, so that we all can gain from your years of playing the game thank you all in advance.

IDEA BY iamspamus thanks Jason.
Implemented by me.[:)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
obsidiandrag

RE: GAMERS BEST SETUP FOR TURKEY

Post by obsidiandrag »

grand campaign 1805 -

Turkey and Spain are my favorite for if you get a good foothold early on you can keep up and even stomp the other powers - but if you don't you will be licking the scraps off the floor the rest of the game.

I like to setup against Egypt, Caucuss, and sometimes Naples depending on relations with Russia and Austria.  The best part is the setup is pretty much the same for all three.

no leaders on setup (placed later depending on diplomacy overall

In Palestine -
depot
Feudals - Bosnia(I), Serbia(I), Anatolia(I), Thrace(C)
Jannissary with only infantry

in Imertia -
depot
Syrian corps

in Greece -
depot
ALL FLEETS
Nizami Cedid full of ONLY INFANTRY
Feudals - Smyrna(C)

The Imperial cav and the other Jannisary can go in the 4 forage values to the west of Constantinople as cost it the key for Turkey in the beginning as well.

Early diplomacy -
make Imertia conquered
declare on Georgia before Russia can get there
declare on Egypt - if setup on border to keep you out - move in all forces but take one feudal and move around(2 spaces from border) not into battle so if you lose first match you are not forced to lapse of war
depending on Spanish relations for Italy - you can take fleet to Naples or to Egypt (bypass forces on border and go stratght for Cairo)
the problem with Naples is more that the transports can not make the whole trip AND it costs 2pp which you dont have alot to spare depending on other relations.
ALSO a $$ option is to take the 12Inf Niz corps and declare on Papacy - its good money and Turkey needs it - also a launching spot for Naples conquest with the help of your feudal cav when they get there.

The strategy is -

As soon as Egypt corps falls you can drop down all feudals and take city with Jannissary to cut down on cost AND makes them available for spring invasion by russia or austria.  After Georgia, wait to see what Russia does and move accordingly or just sit there and fill up.  Fleets can also start taking other african nations to get ottoman as soon as possible.

Turkey will loose most battles - but when you win you need to really win with cav !!!

OD

Return to “The War Room”