A really good idea

Post Strategy Guides and share gameplay tips here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Jimmer

A really good idea

Post by Jimmer »

One of the players in the tutorial game (DCWhitworth, if memory serves) used what I consider to be a brilliant play-aid:

He names the ZIP file into which he puts his turn file (PBM file) in such a way that it tells who is next in the order. Thus, someone doesn't really have to read their mail to know they're next. They could go either to the email or to the web site.

Obviously, they want to check their email as well, but this provides a quick-and-dirty way of knowing.

For example:

"TheArtOfWar-GreatBritain-Diplomacy-Next-Spain.zip

Says it's GB's file, and Spain is up next.

Good idea!
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
DCWhitworth

RE: A really good idea

Post by DCWhitworth »

Nice of you to think of me, but I can't take credit for this one [;)]
Regards
David
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

If you are using Google Groups you can just sort by date, this is what I do to see who's turn it is and isn't. It's pretty simple, no need to name your file anything special other than the country and phase.
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

That tells you who has gone, but you have to have the order memorized to tell who is next. This solves that problem.

DCW, do you remember who it was? I can't get to the group from here. I want to credit the right guy.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

That tells you who has gone, but you have to have the order memorized to tell who is next. This solves that problem.

True. I guess I don't really have this problem.

Return to “The War Room”