Fake bids

Share your glorious victories and ignominious defeats with the rest of the EIA community here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Jimmer

Fake bids

Post by Jimmer »

In the tutorial "game", we made some fake bids. Next, I'm going to change just my own set of bids, and we'll see what that does to the other players' choices of nations.

NOTE: I've changed the email addresses for privacy reasons.

Attachments
Copy of Game1.txt
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Jimmer

RE: Fake bids

Post by Jimmer »

Now, I changed my bids (ONLY my bids). I'll do one more after this, but, from the bids, it's obvious I wanted to be Russia (I bid just enough to take it). Obviously, I can't do this if I don't know what his bid was.
Attachments
CopyofGame2.txt
(2.19 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

For the last one of the first (and maybe last -- that's up to the players), I've tailored my bid so that I would get Turkey. Let's see if I succeeded.
Attachments
CopyofGame3.txt
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

Well, I succeeded.

Take a look over these bid entries. Bring up all three at once on the screen, and notice how ONE player's bids being changed has a significant impact on the other players' choices.

NOTE: Tomorrow night, I have a men's meeting at church, so if I am on at all, it will be late (US Central time, that is).
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

One of the players sent me his bid results, and I noted that they were different than mine (for the first one). But, this just illustrates one of the points I made above: If there's a tie, the GAP determines randomly which is the winner. Jim and Nappy both bid 20 for GB, so it chose Jim in one and Nappy in the other.

Are there any questions about this process and the results that come out of it?
ess1

Post by ess1 »

Can't see any problems. Thanks for efforts.
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

Thanks, Ess1!

For the rest of you, I won't be moving on until I hear from you, preferably here on this forum. (I'll send this same message to the email list tonight, too.) I want to make sure there are no major questions at each step, before moving on to the next. It's going to be a LONG three month game. :)
napoleon1066

Post by napoleon1066 »

Bids make sense.  Woohoo!
Fortis cadere, cedere non potest!
timewalker03

Post by timewalker03 »

I am good on the bids

Return to “After Action Reports”