1.23.08 Crash on Forage All Eligible

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

BrianSchick

1.23.08 Crash on Forage All Eligible

Post by BrianSchick »

The game crashes when click - Forage All Eligible.
Attachments
Brian.zip
(150 Bytes) Downloaded 8 times
Brian M. Schick
BrianSchick

RE: 1.23.08 Crash on Forage All Eligible

Post by BrianSchick »

Here's the .sav.dat file too.
Attachments
Brian.sav.zip
(217.79 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Brian M. Schick
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Thanks for a good save. I could not recreate this? Auto-Forage All Eligible Units worked for me. Perhaps retry the turn after exiting and restarting the game, or go back to the previous saved naval phase.

I also occasionally experience some glitches with saved games, and some PBEM game reports occasionally indicate various bugs that I cannot recreate or resolve. I suspect this aging code working with current operating systems has some issues with file read/write, or something. I don't know. It's frustrating.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
BrianSchick

Post by BrianSchick »

It crashes intermittently on auto forage all. Maybe when some besieged unit starves to death? Happened again when Turkey's Tunisia starved to death. Would not let me move another unit until I clicked on the Tunis land area. Instead it gave me the "Not enough movement to reach area" error. Once the movement bug cleared, auto forage all worked. Will keep my eye open to see if the starving is common to the bug.
Let me see if I have the save file...
Brian M. Schick
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Auto Forage should now only forage units that are not at risk for losses. Else you need to manually forage. Otherwise, forage checks are made at the end of the land move phase. So I'm curious where in the turn you are getting this movement bug. A save would be helpful so I can recreate it, zero in on the cause, and fix something.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer

Return to “Tech Support”