You should be able to extract the new EXE and \Graphics files from the zip file directly into your v1.23.08 or v1.24.01 install. Alternatively, you may want to install a separate copy of the official v1.23.08 and update that to the v1.24.02 Beta and beyond.Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.24.02
- 0000835: [Game Bug] Poland not receiving money or manpower - change made for v1.22.01 incorrectly added income and manpower collection at Kingdom creation - resolved.
- AI casualties sometimes incorrect - resolved.
- Placing depot allowed across blocked sea crossing - resolved.
- Naval AI weakness for blocking sea crossings - resolved.
- Keep AI bonuses if under siege or enforced peace by a human player (to make the computer opponent more challenging) - resolved.
- Naval landings not allowed in some controlled areas - resolved.
- Some surrenders still resulting in some enemy minors being at war with a former enemy major power - resolved.
- Effects of Peace not implemented correctly - resolved (see Rule 6.4.1 and 6.4.2 updates).
- Bug reported with evacuating garrisons under some nation control changes - resolved.
- Combat selection of best leader in battle now assessed including maximum tactical rating - resolved.
As before, I will continue to fine-tune the AI some and work to resolve any issues that come up with this latest Beta. This v1.24.02 Beta has taken a couple more weeks than I had planned, but that's due to some additional playtesting that identified a few more issues to resolve before I was happy with it. Assuming this Beta version (with any hotfixes) plays OK without any more surprises, I should be able to release another (final?) official update this spring.
On another note, for the past month I have also been on the Strategic Command development team working with Hubert Cater. Going forward, I hope to wrap up Empires in Arms development with this next official update and focus more on Strategic Command. As always, more players running the latest Beta and providing useful feedback will help ensure issues are identified so that I can resolve them prior to an official update. Please give this Beta a try and provide any comments you may have. Thanks!
UPDATE 5/15/22 - New zip file updated for v1.24.02 Hotfix #1. See notes in post below.
UPDATE 5/18/22 - New zip file updated for v1.24.02 Hotfix #2. See notes in post below.
UPDATE 6/10/22 - New zip file updated for v1.24.02 Hotfix #3. See notes in post below.
UPDATE 6/16/22 - New zip file updated for v1.24.02 Hotfix #4. See notes in post below.
UPDATE 6/17/22 - Corrected v1.24.02 Hotfix #4 posted that resolves an access violation bug. If you downloaded the files yesterday, please re-download the corrected files. Sorry for the inconvenience.