Supply Questions

WarPlan Pacific is an operational level wargame which covers all the nations at war in the Pacific theatre from December 1941 to 1945 on a massive game scale.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

canuckgamer

Supply Questions

Post by canuckgamer »

In the manual it says cities with a production of 10 or more are Main Supply sources. It also says minor capitals are also main supply. When I hover over any city in Japan they all display main supply. Clarification please?

The display for Surabaya and Bandar Lampung is that they are cities. There are however a port symbol in their hexes. Both indicate a port size of 4. Since there are no numbers for port supply I assume that means I cannot blockade them. If that is the case how much supply do they provide? Is it 4 X 20 like it normally is for a port even though both are described as cities?

Hovering the cursor over Batavia indicates that it is a urban supply. I cannot find the difference between an urban supply and a main supply. In addition Batavia has the port symbol with a port size of 4. Can you clarify this too?

Thanks.
AlvaroSousa

Re: Supply Questions

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Main supply listing in Japan just means that hex is in main supply. The sources are still the sources. Japan has rail top to bottom so the main supply system will extend through those areas.

Surabaya and Bandar Lampung are in main supply from Batavia. If say hex 43, 34 gets cut off the latter goes to port supply as there is no connection to Batavia

If hex 49,33 gets cut off Surabaya goes to port supply.

Batavia is a just a supply source on its own as they do not have production. A special resource was made for this.

Minor countries had limited supplies available to them in WW2. I didn't take that into consideration for the supply system when I designed it. For example Greece ran out of supplies to fight the Axis which is one of the reasons they lost. Even Germany said that the Greeks were the best soldiers they encountered during the war. They held a high respect for them. Well at least from what I read.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Return to “Warplan Pacific”