Not enough landing craft as Japan

WarPlan Pacific is an operational level wargame which covers all the nations at war in the Pacific theatre from December 1941 to 1945 on a massive game scale.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

ThunderLizard11

Not enough landing craft as Japan

Post by ThunderLizard11 »

Where'd all my landing craft go? Want to land on DEI to take rest of island. Do I need to start building more on turn 1?
ncc1701e

Re: Not enough landing craft as Japan

Post by ncc1701e »

Yes and don’t forget that an army is costing 30 landing crafts while a division only 10.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ThunderLizard11

Post by ThunderLizard11 »

OK - how many to build? Also running out of ship yards
YueJin

Post by YueJin »

I would only build 2-3 runs of landing craft as Japan. Apart from the DEI, Guam and Solomons you only really need to take Port Blair, Tarawa and you should have plenty to try for Nomea or Ceylon. It is nice to have 40 spare to perform a counter invasion against the US offensive though if they try to land in South East Asia or Java/Sumatra.

Although the 1 strength garrisons are out of the game now, Japan still starts with a 5 strength division that can be used to take islands cheaply and you can cut down further on landing craft use by walking marine divisions across the Solomons.

Return to “Warplan Pacific”