ID Definitions

All discussions & material related to Command's Lua interface

Moderators: angster, RoryAndersonCDT, michaelm75au, MOD_Command

kevinkins

ID Definitions

Post by kevinkins »

Could someone define these items below and where to find them? They are key to a lot of lua script. I have used them in the past, but the results have been inconsistent. Many lua functions have helpful example code, but others do not have examples. Thanks.

loadoutid
dbid
GUID
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Re: ID Definitions

Post by michaelm75au »

GUID = this is the unique identifier for unit objects. Every unit/contact/weapon in Command will have one.
You can generally get the GUID by pressing cntl_C while the cursor is on the unit.
dbid = this is the database identifier, the reference into the associated database. You can see this in the database viewer. It is the top line of the information page (#2381 - 3MS-1 Bison....)
loadoutid = this the database identifier for the a/c loadouts. You can see this in the a/c database viewer under loadouts (far right column DB id)

These fields are available in the unit wrappers from SE_GetUnit(...) if required in a script.
local myUnit = ScenEdit_GetUnit({ side = 'United States' , name = 'CG 56 San Jacinto' })

myUnit.guid
myUnit.dbid
myUnit.loadoutdbid
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Thank you.

GIUD seems to be unique to a running scenario and is separate from database entries which are constants. Is this correct?

I thought I saw loadouts associated with ships as well as a/c. Maybe I just read the forum thread wrong.

Specifically, I am interested in getting to know ScenEdit_SetLoadout (loadoutinfo)
There is no example script in the lua manual for Command. Can you send a few examples of using this function? I want to see if the loadout of an a/c can be set to ferry db = 10111 to simulate dropping weapons while in the air during a battle and if so, what performance change would the player see. There is a discussion of adding a button to do this in the outer forum - like dropping fuel. Maybe a special action might do the trick if the function works this way.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Code: Select all

# set a loadout
#on unit guid 'myid'
#ignore magazine check for available weapons
1. Make changes to the unit current loadout - remove 2 of weapon dbid 1814
ScenEdit_SetLoadout({unitname=myid, loadoutid=0, ignoremagazines=true, wpn_dbid=1814, number=2, remove=true})

2. Change the loadout on the unit to ...
ScenEdit_SetLoadout({unitname=myid, loadoutid=21466, ignoremagazines=true})

3. Change the loadout and make instantaneous available (no ready time)
ScenEdit_SetLoadout({unitname=myid, loadoutid=26234, timetoready_minutes=0})
Some quick examples I found in my logs
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Note:
From memory, changing loadout id can only be done when parked. Changing the number of weapons onboard can be performed when flying.
In the case of dropping weapons, the a/c is flying so you would need to zero (remove) the weapons of the loadout.
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Remain a bit unsure where myid is coming from so I retrieved the guid from the getunit function and inserted it as the unitname but this does not set the AIMs (wpn_dbid=27222) to zero:

ScenEdit_SetLoadout({unitname='7HBG6Z-0HMIUT19RQB13', loadoutid=0, ignoremagazines=true, wpn_dbid=27222, number=0, remove=true})

The call does not throw an error but something is off.

Thanks ... Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

The number is how many to remove. It is more used to probably drop individual weapons

There is another way to jettison weapons - ScenEdit_SetUnit()
ScenEdit_SetUnit({unitname='7HBG6Z-0HMIUT19RQB13', jettison = xxxxx})
Where xxxx is
"HEAVYONLY"
"WEAPONSONLY"
"ALLEXTERNAL"
"ALL"

Don't have an example at the moment.

"HEAVYONLY" = drop tanks, Air2Ground weapons
"WEAPONSONLY" = AG and Air2Air weapons
"ALLEXTERNAL" = drop tanks, all AG/AA, pods
"ALL" = all external and internal loads
"STORE_dbid = specific weapon DBID"
http://commandlua.github.io/assets/Func ... tUnit.html
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Ran the SetUnit / jettison option using both guid = and unitname = and those constants.

No errors, but nothing is jettisoned. Ran the script from the console with the game clock counting down. The AIMs will fire off at a hostile a/c after the script is run and this is reflected in the friendly unit's weapon record while CMO is running i.e. you can see the available AIMs count down as they fire off. Attached is the file I'm working off.
Jettison Trial.zip
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Ran this on loading the scenario file.

local a = ScenEdit_GetLoadout({unitname='7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRFT'})
print(a.weapons)
local b = ScenEdit_SetUnit({unitname='7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRFT', jettison='all'})
print(a.weapons)

Output:
{ [1] = { wpn_dbid = 51, wpn_type = 2001, wpn_name = 'AIM-120D AMRAAM P3I.4', wpn_guid = '7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRGN', wpn_current = 4, wpn_maxcap = 4, wpn_default = 4 } }
{ [1] = { wpn_dbid = 51, wpn_type = 2001, wpn_name = 'AIM-120D AMRAAM P3I.4', wpn_guid = '7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRGN', wpn_current = 0, wpn_maxcap = 4, wpn_default = 4 } }

The number of AIMs has gone from 4 to 0.
And there should be a message in the log too.
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

OK, will give those a try. But will the functions work only on scenario load and therefore are not intended to be run after that i.e during aerial combat while the scenario is running and based on player input via a special action? Thanks.

Kevin

Edit: please send back the file where this function is reducing the AIMs to zero. Need to take a very specific look at the implementation. Everything I try has the AIMs remaining at 4, including running the lua script above with the scenario load event. No message created either. Again, no errors, but this is what I get via the console after the scenario is loaded.

local a = ScenEdit_GetLoadout({unitname='7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRFT'})
print(a.weapons)
local b = ScenEdit_SetUnit({unitname='7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRFT', jettison='all'})
print(a.weapons)

{ [1] = { wpn_dbid = 51, wpn_type = 2001, wpn_default = 4, wpn_name = 'AIM-120D AMRAAM P3I.4', wpn_maxcap = 4, wpn_current = 4, wpn_guid = '7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRGN' } }
{ [1] = { wpn_dbid = 51, wpn_type = 2001, wpn_default = 4, wpn_name = 'AIM-120D AMRAAM P3I.4', wpn_maxcap = 4, wpn_current = 4, wpn_guid = '7HBG6Z-0HMJ0AM00VRGN' } }

Note: wpn_current = 4 unlike what you are getting and there is nothing in the log. It's as if the A/C is read only.
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Attached save with SA.
Execute SA and it drops the weapons for me.

I am using latest beta.
Attachments
Proving Ground.zip
(12.72 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

What is SA? And I don't see where you placed the script (no events nor in the script console). Puzzled.

Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

No Special Action in the save??
Michael
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Sorry. SA = Special Action. See the script now. Does not work on my end. AIMs remain at 4 and there is nothing in the message log after the SA is executed. Will send this to a couple of friends. Something is set up differently between our systems. Are you testing with the Pro version perhaps? The function is not new so I doubt it's related to the beta version - but who knows and will give that a try. Thanks for the help.

Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I was using 1263.1 to test it. But that function should be valid in earlier releases.
Michael

Return to “Lua Legion”