Databases and latest patches

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kch

Databases and latest patches

Post by kch »

Quick question regarding the database updates and description available in the command modern operations website. Are these already included in the latest patches from a week ago? Do I risk overwriting something important if I install the DB3000, CWDB, images and descriptions.
KLAB

Re: Databases and latest patches

Post by KLAB »

kch wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:47 pm Quick question regarding the database updates and description available in the command modern operations website. Are these already included in the latest patches from a week ago? Do I risk overwriting something important if I install the DB3000, CWDB, images and descriptions.
Shouldn't make any odds.
Follow the directions given on which folder to put the image and description pack in and it shouldn't make any difference as counterintuitively the DB files and image/descriptions aren't inextricably linked.
Like anything copy the old image description folder as a safeguard then download the new one over it.

As an aside If you find anomalies with say a tank unit having the description or image of the HAWK SAM it's usually just the default text and image DB reference is 000 (by example as I don't know the specific code) and that is for the HAWK.
K
kch

Re: Databases and latest patches

Post by kch »

thanks!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”