Scen 4 Rockstar Calling

Shifting Sands traces the history of many Arab-Israeli conflicts: from the sidelines of the Suez crisis, through the lightning Six-Day War, the guerilla-like War Of Attrition and the strategic surprise of the Yom Kippur War, all the way to the historic Osirak raid and the epic air battle over the Bekaa Valley
kch

Scen 4 Rockstar Calling

Post by kch »

----SPOILERS----

In the scenario, is it normal that Liberty is sunk by the Israeli patrol boats before you can react? I.e. They attack quickly after the initial air attack so that you cannot get any aircraft overhead on time.

Randomizer

RE: Scen 4 Rockstar Calling

Post by Randomizer »

You're operating with the benefit of 100% hindsight. Since the Americans did not know that an attack was coming, why would they throw a CAP over Liberty in the first place?

-C
kch

Post by kch »

Ok. I was just wondering because you get the orders to establish a cap after liberty is sunk
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

Exactly. Once the attack occurs it is necessary to facilitate rescue/recovery operations and this means providing top cover. However, until Liberty is actually attacked, the fleet operations are business as usual; peace time training routine with a slightly elevated alert status due to the ongoing Arab-Israeli fighting. Am pretty sure that the scenario author's intention was to force the Player not to use 20/20 hindsight. Rockstar Calling is one of my favourite scenarios in all of the Command DLC episodes.

-C
kch

Post by kch »

Great. I will definitely give it a spin tomorrow. The amount of details in these scenario is awesome. I guess it would make sense to unload some of all those nuclear weapons on the aircraft ;)

Return to “Command: Shifting Sands”