Scen 11 - Downtown in Damascus

Shifting Sands traces the history of many Arab-Israeli conflicts: from the sidelines of the Suez crisis, through the lightning Six-Day War, the guerilla-like War Of Attrition and the strategic surprise of the Yom Kippur War, all the way to the historic Osirak raid and the epic air battle over the Bekaa Valley
FelixCulpa

Scen 11 - Downtown in Damascus

Post by FelixCulpa »

I was having a look at SS Scen11 Downtown in Damascus and found the following anomaly.

The database entry is different from the mission editor loadout (no Mk82, Sidewinder or Drop tank listed). Understand that scenario authors can modify the loadout, although in this instance it relates directly to this scenario. But cannot understand why a planner would not take Sidewinders and the drop tanks, particularly for 109SQN at Hazerim if they are to use the Lebanon corridor. The WRA matches the database entry.

The database loadout indicates a strike radius of 240nm (with a 20 min loiter and 5% reserve), so can i presume a max 480nm round trip?
ultradave

RE: Scen 11 - Downtown in Damascus

Post by ultradave »

They are loaded out as shown in the load out section at the bottom, complete with Sidewinders. The mission editor just shows the short name of the load out as shown in the right hand column of the mission editor available units. Everything is there though. If you do a quick test and launch one of the A/C you can see the details of the load out it's carrying to verify that the loadout at the bottom is indeed what it is carrying.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
FelixCulpa

Post by FelixCulpa »

Thx Dave.

New Issue!
Cannot get the designated flights to fly through the Lebanon Corridor.
See image below - rather than flying through the corridor the AI routes them around the north!

Setup a loiter zone (patrol) off the Lebanese coast, then unassigned them and reassign to Palace Strike etc.
Those with enough fuel go around the north! - white dotted, rather than the preferred direct route through the corridor.

I have a flight doing ground attack in the Lebanese corridor and they enter the airspace okay.

Am I missing something?

PS coding preventing the Damascus strike (those with m117 bombs etc) entering prior to radar destroyed?
FelixCulpa

Post by FelixCulpa »

re Presidential Palace scoring - does not seem to add to total.

UPDATE - Mistook heavy damage for total destruction. Do you get points for partial damage?

Return to “Command: Shifting Sands”