Can't get past Mission 1: Delta Force :(

The Silent Service is a DLC for Command: Modern Operations, walking you through the nuances of modern submarine operations.
JOhnnyr

Can't get past Mission 1: Delta Force :(

Post by JOhnnyr »

I'm a little confused as to what I'm doing wrong - usually I get a torpedo out of nowhere from a sub I haven't detected.

I have the sub going creep, under the layer, over the layer, as deep as possible, Zig-zag search pattern, etc. - I've tried all the combinations, but regardless, I never get a contact on the enemy sub, I'm just destroyed out of nowhere.

So, what's the problem?

I completed all of the sub tutorials without issue.
Ancalagon451

RE: Can't get past Mission 1: Delta Force :(

Post by Ancalagon451 »

Go, within the layer at creep speed, that usually does the trick.

Ancalagon
Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Another good tactic is to use the SSN as a diversion and let the SSBN go off in a different direction
Rob322

Post by Rob322 »

ORIGINAL: apache85

Another good tactic is to use the SSN as a diversion and let the SSBN go off in a different direction

I tried this and it worked! The Victor sailed to the middle launch area and drew away the pack. Having it fire on a sub contact that turned out to be biological didn’t hurt either! [:D] I made sure to make the most noise with my Vic while the boomer was waiting for instructions.

Meanwhile, the Delta made southwesterly under the ice and then went to the western launch area, staying in the layer the whole time. Got all 4 missiles off and then cruised back to the ice. The Vic made it too.

This was the first time I best this scenario after several tries.
MichaelHelman

Post by MichaelHelman »

I just recently started playing Delta Force and failed to over come the mission 1. However the suggestions you people gave, helped me overcome the mission
pbrowne

Post by pbrowne »

I managed to launch the 4 SS-N-23 at target YAKOV and return to Safe Zone 1 without either sub being detected (creep speed 5kts in layer @ 165ft). There were numerous weapon malfunctions as well as detonations on YAKOV as shown in the Weapon Endgame in the Mission Log.

No target seems to have been destroyed!

SIDE: Russia
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
4x SS-N-23 Skiff [12 MIRV x 100kT Nuclear]
48x SS-N-23 Skiff MIRV [100kT Nuclear]

SIDE: OPFOR

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
144x RGB-16MK [Search, Passive Omni]

SIDE: Nature

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------

SIDE: TARGET

LOSSES:

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
pbrowne

Post by pbrowne »

Next try I got 350 points Major Victory. This time the ICBMs destroyed target YAKOV.

I put it down to poor Russian quality control on the first mission.
Easy301

Re: RE: Can't get past Mission 1: Delta Force :(

Post by Easy301 »

Rory Noonan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:33 pm Another good tactic is to use the SSN as a diversion and let the SSBN go off in a different direction

Does this campaign still run at the intended difficulty in the current version of C:MO?

I ran through this first scenario twice without ever detecting, being detected by or having aby trouble with enemy contacts at all.

I stayed under the ice going east untill Olga was directly to my South as that would give me the most direct and expeditious transit I went deep as possible in creep, moved into the area with both subs got to launch depth, fired, went back to deep as possible set speed to creep and went directly north back under the ice.

While I'd like to think I'm just that dang good, I actually don't have much experience with subsurface operations in Command which is why I spent my money on this as my first Campaign.

I'm loving it so far and was just able to finish Ground Pounders without much issue other than those pesky helicopters.

With that said, I've read various threads where people were having a hard time with this scenario and the second scenario with their Tomahawks being shot down.

Not running into any issues into even an unknown contact in two playthroughs of the first scenario and allowing my subs to fire their Tomahawks automatically without plotting a course and having almost all of them survive in the second scenario leads me to ask....is the good luck and generally lower difficulty curve I'm seeing (compared to past AARs of these scenarios) just due to some of the changes Command had made since the release of this campaign to make things more realistic? Or have these changes led to campaign that no longer functions as intended in CMO?

Does this campaign and the intended challenges of each scenario carry over and work as intended in CMO?

Thank you.
LordRak77

Re: Can't get past Mission 1: Delta Force :(

Post by LordRak77 »

Hi.

Yes, I can get to firing zone with no problems but my Tomahawks will explode before reaching target. They will explode right when they supposed to enter Kamchatka peninsula.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

LordRak77 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:33 am Hi.

Yes, I can get to firing zone with no problems but my Tomahawks will explode before reaching target. They will explode right when they supposed to enter Kamchatka peninsula.
Tomahawks in the "Delta Force" scenario ?????

Perhaps you are confusing with another scenario?
Easy301

Post by Easy301 »

LordRak77 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:33 am Hi.

As you're mentioning the Kamchatka Peninsula and the scenario Delta Forces, it's pretty evident you're just getting nukes confused with Tomahawks. No offense to Dimitris but even with your slight error I'm sorry no one took a moment to give you information on how to proceed with getting your issue resolved and addressed, it's a pretty universal process regardless of scenario; especially since it can be extra frustrating as a customer when those issues are happening in a DLC you paid extra for, I'll post the process below that you should follow to start getting the issue addressed and resolved:

Make a dedicated thread for your issue in the Tech Support section, that way the person involved with fixing the DLC scenarios can reproduce and fix the bug if need be.

When making the thread please include the current version of Command you're using. The exact steps taken to reproduce the issue, and most importantly, make sure you save the game right before the issue occurs, put it into a zip file (Right click the .save file, Highlight "Send To:" on the menu, and select "Compressed (Zipped) Folder." That'll create a zip file in the same folder with the save file. Upload that save to the post you make in the Technical Support thread using the "Attachments" tab below the "Save Draft, Preview, Submit" buttons when making your post.

Again, it's imperative you're as detailed and specific as possible with your issue, and that you include a save file so the bug can easily be observed, reproduced, and hopefully fixed. With a save file we can also quickly tell you if the issue you're experiencing is due to user-error or if it's indeed a bug.

Return to “Command: The Silent Service”