Help With Bombing ATTACK METHOD

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

DWReese

Help With Bombing ATTACK METHOD

Post by DWReese »

I would like to hear some thoughts on this topic:

I have four planes, each armed with one bomb, that are assigned to attack one ship.

I have tried various ATTACK METHODs (on the MISSION SETTINGS tab), but I can't seem to find the proper method.

The problem is this: The first plane drops its bomb, but the second does not drop its bomb. It would appear that the second plane is waiting for the results of the first bomb.
Therefore, the second plane flies overhead and does not drop its bomb.
If the first bomb detonates, then the third plane will drop its bomb. If not, the third plane will act just like the second plane. It will fly over the target without dropping its bomb.
The fourth plane, depending on what happened with plane #2 and #3, will either drop its bomb or hold it waiting for the bomb in the air to detonate.
Often, when the first two DROPPED BOMBS fail to destroy the target, the other two make a second pass over the target, and usually one of them gets destroyed.

So, what formation should I use to have the four planes each drop their single bomb without making a second (or third) pass? There has to be something that directs the planes to drop their bombs on the first pass regardless of the outcome of the previously dropped bombs. I have the WRAs set to drop all weapons, and use all four planes, but that doesn't seem to do anything either. It seems that the program (or unknown settings) are keeping this attack form occurring in one pass by ALL of the planes.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”