Tasks--CAP/BARCAP/TARCAP/HAVCAP

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

DWReese

Tasks--CAP/BARCAP/TARCAP/HAVCAP

Post by DWReese »

In playing around with the Flight Plan Editor you may have stumbled upon a pull-down menu titled "TASKS." If you open that up you will find very specific "tasks" that units can be assigned for their missions. There are a ton of these things, and I assume that each does something just a little different, but I'm really not sure.

For example, most of us have used, and have an understanding of, the term CAP. If you are like me, then you have used that often. In fact, I use it generically , whether I'm talking about offense or defense. But, in addition to CAP, the game offers BARCAP. TARCAP, and HAVCAP. You can research these if you like to see what they are used for. Each are a little different.

My questions:
Have any of you ever used any of those others?
What EXACTLY is the noticeable difference in game play between some of these? In other words, if assigned to one of these will that enable something to happen that wouldn't otherwise be possible? Conversely, if a unit is assigned some other related task, does that mean that that unit won't perform some expected task?
For example, I tried units assigned to CAP and BARCAP and I didn't see any difference in their performance. Perhaps I was doing something wrong.
Can anyone share some light on these? Are they functional at this time so that they perform differently from each other? Or, are they part of a future option that hasn't come to light as of yet.

Caveat: I really haven't studied them very much as o yet, so I was hoping that someone else had, and that they might shed some light on these topics before I delve more deeply into the subject.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”