Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth Out Now

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Roby7979

Post by Roby7979 »

The day has arrived, test your skills.

Command Showcase
Command Showcase is a series of scenarios that will put you in command of the most significant weapons sensors and units in the modern era with new and hypothetical theaters of war.With these Showcase units, you will be subject to new challenges and different situations to overcome. With the huge Command database, constantly expanding and being updated, you may have to face a new challenge every time. – can you showcase their power?

Take advantage of distinct units types, Aircraft, Ships, submarines..Utilise their ammunition, sensors and weaponry to get a glorious victory.

Features:
Complex management of the main unit
Each scenario is centered on a weapon, sensor or unit
Harness your allies or fight alone against the enemy
Manage and master a single unit, sensor or weapon at a time
Increase your skills and tactics more and more in each challenge

First Scenario "Queen Elizabeth"

Your first challenge is to manage the most modern aircraft carrier in the world: the Queen Elizabeth, in a dangerous patrol in the waters of the Chinese sea.
Intelligence indicates that a number of Chinese Warships have been deployed to the South China Sea towards your location; their intentions are unknown at the present time..

Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth buy it now
cmanouser1

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth Out Now

Post by cmanouser1 »

I'm confused, the scenario description reads "Each scenario is centered on a weapon, sensor or unit" and "Manage and master a single unit, sensor or weapon at a time" but the scenario features 3 carrier strike groups and multiple other units?

Doesn't seem too centered on the Queen Elizabeth nor on managing a single unit?
hrfepo1

Post by hrfepo1 »

I just downloaded and extracted these scenarios, but they do not show up when I look for a new game. Are they supposed to have their own folder?
SamSlitherine

Post by SamSlitherine »

hrfepo1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:39 pm I just downloaded and extracted these scenarios, but they do not show up when I look for a new game. Are they supposed to have their own folder?
What version are you on? Are you running the Steam or Matrix versions?
SamSlitherine

Post by SamSlitherine »

hrfepo1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:39 pm I just downloaded and extracted these scenarios, but they do not show up when I look for a new game. Are they supposed to have their own folder?
It should be located within game files here: Scenarios/Showcase/Showcase Queen Elizabeth.scen
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

It should be located within game files here: Scenarios/Showcase/Showcase Queen Elizabeth.scen

I downloaded the file through Matrix, installed it, entered my serial number, received conformation of it being installed, but I don't see a folder called Showcase anywhere in any of the scenario folders, or anywhere else.
SamSlitherine

Post by SamSlitherine »

Have you updated to the latest official version? v1.04.114748

Official Patch
BlitzimX

Post by BlitzimX »

cmanouser1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:12 pm I'm confused, the scenario description reads "Each scenario is centered on a weapon, sensor or unit" and "Manage and master a single unit, sensor or weapon at a time" but the scenario features 3 carrier strike groups and multiple other units?

I am also very confused by this. There is a lot going on on screen, quite hard to find out what you effectively controle, and i'm not really sure what i have to do. I only got one message about ASW operations, but then nothing happned for serveral hours.

Given the description of the DLC (on steam at least) i was expecting multiple missions with different systems and all. Maybe you should add the second part of this topic's first post on steam as well, stating this is just one scenario with the QH.
DWReese

Post by DWReese »

Has a new patch been released since the one that came out this morning?
cmanouser1

Post by cmanouser1 »

BlitzimX wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:41 pm
cmanouser1 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:12 pm I'm confused, the scenario description reads "Each scenario is centered on a weapon, sensor or unit" and "Manage and master a single unit, sensor or weapon at a time" but the scenario features 3 carrier strike groups and multiple other units?

I am also very confused by this. There is a lot going on on screen, quite hard to find out what you effectively controle, and i'm not really sure what i have to do. I only got one message about ASW operations, but then nothing happned for serveral hours.

Given the description of the DLC (on steam at least) i was expecting multiple missions with different systems and all. Maybe you should add the second part of this topic's first post on steam as well, stating this is just one scenario with the QH.
I'm more into small or medium scenarios, so reading the concept behind the showcase series I was quite excited, but this is actually more akin to a mega scenario :?
Seems well done though.
I don't mind having paid for it to fund the software, but still, very weird marketing.
Unless I'm missing something and the other strike groups get disabled, but I let it run for a few hours with nothing of the sort happening.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

I am also puzzled. Bought and tried it, but it seems like an ordinary (large) scenario. In what way do I get 'complex management' of the QE2, that I didn't already have, I wonder? Not complaining about paying - it was cheap enough, and it looks like a nice scenario - but the marketing did seem to promise something else.

Like:
-Complex management of the main unit
-Each scenario is centered on a weapon, sensor or unit
-Harness your allies or fight alone against the enemy
-Manage and master a single unit, sensor or weapon at a time

But it seems like the extent to which any of these is present is no different to how it was in the game previously, no?

What I expected from the marketing was that there would be a scenario with many elements already programmed and scripted, so that i could concentrate on the 'complex management' of the 'main unit' the scenario was 'centered on'. Choosing to 'harness allies' or not suggested I could either take direct control of other TFs or not. And if I didn't these other groups would have all their ASW, Patrol, AEW etc etc missions all pre-scripted. But what I find is a normal scenario which has very few missions pre-made, where I have to set up the full range of missions for at least 3 carrier groups, plus others. Which is just what I would normally expect. Sorry, but I think the marketing is a bit misleading.
Vulcan607

Post by Vulcan607 »

If you set up ASW patrols change sub surface to weapons tight! Sank an SSK immediately lol.
BDukes

Post by BDukes »

Vulcan607 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:37 am If you set up ASW patrols change sub surface to weapons tight! Sank an SSK immediately lol.
I find that setting the side to HOLD is best until things go hostile.

M
Don't call it a comeback...
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:27 pm
I'm on the 1.05.x build from the website and have this exact same issue. Installer completes but no Showcase directory un Scenarios...
nats

Post by nats »

Yeah these comments have put me off buying this. I was also expecting a small scale scenario with a focus on the QE. I prefer smaller scenarios not massive complex wars most of the time. Think I would be disappointed if I bought this.
"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"
milresol1

Post by milresol1 »

nats wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:22 pm Yeah these comments have put me off buying this. I was also expecting a small scale scenario with a focus on the QE. I prefer smaller scenarios not massive complex wars most of the time. Think I would be disappointed if I bought this.
Really? Three bucks is going to set you back that much that you can't take a gamble on this one?

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”