CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

What feature would you like to see added in Command?

Multiplayer
17%
Custom drawing on map
10%
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
14%
Tacview - AAR mode
14%
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
3%
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
2%
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
6%
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
3%
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
14%
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
No votes
More sonar data on contact (details)
3%
Search tool for the cargo list
1%
List damaged units on Losses & Expenditures
No votes
Include currently-airborne units on flight-ops screen
3%
Add "training" torpedoes (details)
No votes
BOL-fire mode for indirect artillery
3%
Warning shots
1%
Scriptless boarding actions
2%
Scriptless takeover of fixed facilities
2%
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
No votes
Depressed trajectory option for BMs
2%
Ability to add Folders to the Quick Battle list (details)
No votes

Total votes: 155

Primarchx

Re: RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Post by Primarchx »

Dimitris wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:34 pm
Primarchx wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:57 pm It's not up there but more sonar data would be nice and make ASW ops more engaging. Realtime info about platform self-noise, contact sound strength and sensor acuity at current speed would all be very useful in prosecuting sonar targets.
Self-noise indicator was added recently. Added the other requests as a new item.
I noticed this! Worth the wait. Thanks!
DavidRN

Re: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Post by DavidRN »

Hi There

Kind of out there requests (I guess), effects of laser, water cannon would be good, also alot of merchant shipping (passing through Gulf of Oman, Aden etc) have barbed wire fencing to prevent pirates boarding, would be good if it could be added to civilian shipping as a defensive weapon, ability to lock plotted courses.

David
DONNIE67

Re: RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

Post by DONNIE67 »

[quote=Dimitris post_id=5082080 time=1678279362 user_id=100913]
[quote=DONNIE67 post_id=4533308 time=1573957863 user_id=131206]
planes that are airborne should be added to the flight ops screen.
[/quote]

Added on poll, but I'm curious why you would want this. Does the MDSP's ATO window fulfill this requirement? (Which does list also airborne flights).
[/quote]

Hi. Thank you for following up on this.

The status on the flight ops screen is beneficial to provide an overall view of each unit's activity- from unavailable, readying, taking off and landing.

The screen also gives the most relevant overview for aircraft not assigned to a mission per se. Aircraft launched via the air ops screen don't show up on the ATO unless it's mission specific (at least I think so). In some cases it may be preferable to launch directly from the air ops screen and manually direct things. The ORBAT screen shows all units but not in grouped fashion.

There were earlier versions of the software that displayed airborne units sporadically but this is no longer the case as the ops screen refreshes after take offs. That being said the ATO feature indeed knocks everything out of the park..

I would like to thank you again. I have never experienced the amount of attention to detail, customer involvement, and professionalism for a software application.

I have attached a screenshot of an airborne unit but the status doesnt appear most of the time but the "code" appears to exist or maybe not..
Attachments
air ops screenshot.jpg
air ops screenshot.jpg (7.91 MiB) Viewed 1246 times
Last edited by DONNIE67 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DONNIE67

Post by DONNIE67 »

A right mouse click/shift was recently added as a shortcut to allow quick intercept and weapon engagement of the selected unit.

Can this instead be achieved by adding these actions to the current right click menu?

Thank you
lumiere

Post by lumiere »

Doctrine setting to rectrict/ignore automatic fire by weapon datalink channels

Currently computer ignores available datalink channel, and tries to fire all possible shots. As a result some weapon will be fired without the guidance of datalink.

Let's see the example. You are diesel-electric submarine and about to attack three surface units. Please note that most SS/SSK has only two torpedo wire guide datalink and third or more shot will be unguided by wire.

Submarine by default WRA will fire two torpedos to each target: six by total in this example. However, due to fact that only two torpedo wire guide datalink are available, #3 to #6 torpedo will be fired without torpedo wire guidance. It will induce some incomvenience if target has began to evade.

Another example. Play "Battle of Latakia" Standalone scenario and fire simalteniously 4 Gabliel AShM to two syrian ship. Gabliel is command guided and requires the shooter's command link to hit the target. First target (for Gabliel #1 and #2) can be hit by guided Gabliel, but second target (for Gabliel #3 and #4) will be a total miss.
"How Do You Stay Calm With A 7,000 Ton Nuclear Predator Listening For Your Heartbeat?"
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Are you sure thats not a bug. I am pretty sure channel limitation used to be a thing.
lumiere

Post by lumiere »

Another request...

"Command_LoadScen()" function which loads speficied scen/save file

Currently Quick battle generator creates the scenario from scratch, but this function enables to load side, unit or event set pre-made by author, reducing generator workloads.
thewood1 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:27 pm Are you sure thats not a bug. I am pretty sure channel limitation used to be a thing.
I could only check CMANO v1.15 but all 4 Gabliels are considered as guided, although actual command channel of Saar is 2.
I believe older version of Command (at least commarcial version) does not use command channel parameter.
Attachments
CMANOlatakia.JPG
CMANOlatakia.JPG (22.43 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
"How Do You Stay Calm With A 7,000 Ton Nuclear Predator Listening For Your Heartbeat?"
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

This is from the original manual. I've seen a couple reports where certain weapons were firing off all missiles, regardless of channel limitations.

"All illumination channels suitable for this weapon are in
use: Related to the above; we found a suitable FC illuminator
for the weapon but all available illumination/guidance
channels are in use (ie, the system is already locked on to
its maximum number of targets and can’t engage any more)."

And I play the Latkia scenario to death, but not in a couple years. I never had that problem before. Thats why I thinks its some kind of bug.
benefant

Re: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests wish list

Post by benefant »

Wish list / ideas:

1 cargo
In the new cargo features

I would like to clone containers inklusive ammo filled in.
After sea landing build up a base with many containers.

Alternative one big system pallet with 500 square meters and 2000 tons capacity or so.
So could be a roll on roll off ship be a ammo cargo and troop transporter.

2 side change in game without lua
Air or sealanding near a facility.
If troops are long enough direkt on facility there should be an option to Take the facility.

3 build a landing zone everywhere during game
Maybe a little and a big one.
To combinate later with ammo and fuel containers.

4 possibility to little repair and tug at sea
A damaged ship should be Connected by a wire with a tugboat and slowly brought to next harbour
Repair Ships should be able To repair at sea
Destroyey engine To Heavy damaged engine
And some percent per day up To a maximum
The naval Docks should be able To repair ships Completly by time

5 truck flat bed Trailer
To Take damaged Tanks and carry them oor Carry containers

6 maintenance truck and building
To repair damaged Tanks and others.
Idea maintenace truck repairs 1 % of a tank damage in one hour up To maximum 70%
Maintenance building can fully repair by double rate

7 ejected Personal and Sailors
As Option per scenario
Option on or off

Crashed aircrafts makes sometimes life boats or stranded Personal
For search and rescue

Sinking ships makes life boats Depending on damage in time or Overkill ( no ones when 10 antishipmissiles with 160kg warhead in 3seconds on a fishing boat 23m)
benefant

Re: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests wish list

Post by benefant »

Wish list / ideas:

1 cargo
In the new cargo features

I would like to clone containers inklusive ammo filled in.
After sea landing build up a base with many containers.

Alternative one big system pallet with 500 square meters and 2000 tons capacity or so.
So could be a roll on roll off ship be a ammo cargo and troop transporter.

2 side change in game without lua
Air or sealanding near a facility.
If troops are long enough direkt on facility there should be an option to Take the facility.

3 build a landing zone everywhere during game
Maybe a little and a big one.
To combinate later with ammo and fuel containers.

4 possibility to little repair and tug at sea
A damaged ship should be Connected by a wire with a tugboat and slowly brought to next harbour
Repair Ships should be able To repair at sea
Destroyey engine To Heavy damaged engine
And some percent per day up To a maximum
The naval Docks should be able To repair ships Completly by time

5 truck flat bed Trailer
To Take damaged Tanks and carry them oor Carry containers

6 maintenance truck and building
To repair damaged Tanks and others.
Idea maintenace truck repairs 1 % of a tank damage in one hour up To maximum 70%
Maintenance building can fully repair by double rate

7 ejected Personal and Sailors
As Option per scenario
Option on or off

Crashed aircrafts makes sometimes life boats or stranded Personal
For search and rescue

Sinking ships makes life boats Depending on damage in time or Overkill ( no ones when 10 antishipmissiles with 160kg warhead in 3seconds on a fishing boat 23m)
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Suggestion regarding "warning shot" option...

I imagine this would be added as an item or sub-menu under attack. I thought one way to handle it would be to add options for what you want the warning shot to actual do. I imagine this would trigger a certain chance the target would comply or not comply. If it does not comply, it will just keep doing what it is doing. If it does comply, it will follow the instructions provided by the player via an option choice...

1) Withdraw. This would trigger a return-to-base command for the unit being warned. The warned unit would change course and head home.
2) Surrender. This would trigger a side change on the part of the unit being warned (arrested).
3) Stop for inspection. The boat would stop for two hours, giving the player time to conduct an inspection, and giving the player a message that this is going on, and then the warned unit would return to base.

I hope this helps.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

I've already cast my vote for "warning shots" but I'd like to suggest a new option to be included...

Ramming/Collision

Basically, let the game be set up so that if two vessels occupy the same space, they both take damage (the amount would be based on the hit points or mass of the vessels and their collision speed). Since the amount of damage taken by both ships would be equal, I imagine this would be a lot worse for smaller vessels than for larger ones.

By basing damage on collision speed, you could model "nudges" where you ram someone at a slow speed when the goal is to do some damage but not sink the other ship. Naturally, this might not always work the way it was planned.

Thanks for considering this option.
Parel803

Post by Parel803 »

Voted for the line drawing, but a collision feature sounds very nice.
regards GJ
Quark73

Make gun and rocket artillery and unguided rockets BOL-capable

Post by Quark73 »

Currently, artillery can only engage identified targets, which imho limits the use of artillery for precision strikes. These should always be the preferred option for logistical and ammunition consumption reasons. But besides precision strikes, artillery is often used as a barrage on specific points or areas on the battlefield.
So I would suggest making artillery ammunition (at least the dumb ones) BOL capable. IMHO smart ammo can also make sense BOL aka "fly little bird and see if you find something interesting", but I'm not sure it's used that way in reallity.
It should be possible to define a point or area where a certain amount of artsy shells or missiles must be delivered.

This may apply to some airborne unguided missiles as well, when they are used ballistically for providing indirect fire.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

QoL change...when selecting subtype in the db viewer weapon section, can we breakdown guidedweapons (sic) to AAM, SAM, AShM, ASM, ARM, etc. Maybe even sub-subtypes like IR AAM, SARH AAM, etc.
Quark73

Post by Quark73 »

For better readability of Weapon Launch Altitude in DB Viewer I would suggest,
1.) Two separate lines one for ASL and one for AGL limits
2.) only the units selected in Game Options / Unit System should be visible, means ft or m, not both
Bild_2023-03-28_233028701.png
Bild_2023-03-28_233028701.png (22.79 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
apart from Launch Altitude I would suggest,
3.) just show the speed units that are selected in Game options (kts, km/h , mph)
4.) Area should be given in m²
Attachments
Bild_2023-03-28_233738779.png
Bild_2023-03-28_233738779.png (23.37 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
fmachanda

Post by fmachanda »

Could we get a carpet bombing mode for guided munitions (like the JDAMs from a B-52 in this airstrike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe2OtSnBYb8), where the munitions get automatically spread evenly across an area?
DavidRN

Post by DavidRN »

Not there but ......

Ferry Crossings
Runway Unpaved
Highway Strips

DavidRN
Parel803

Post by Parel803 »

David,for
Ferry Crossings, Runway Unpaved, Highway Strips
If you mean for the DB you might also wanna check: https://github.com/PygmalionOfCyprus/cm ... sts/issues
If you mean something else, apologize and disrecard.
regards GJ
Quark73

Post by Quark73 »

A feature that shows the figures of depth of Sea Floor, Layer Ceiling and Floor and Cloud Layer Ceiling and Top.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-03 183107.png
Screenshot 2023-04-03 183107.png (29.51 KiB) Viewed 879 times

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”