Combat Mission: Cold War - Holiday Tournament

Combat Mission returns with a brand new chapter set between 1979 and 1982, in the tipping-point years of a conflict that gripped the world for 45 years.
tebaf3

Combat Mission: Cold War - Holiday Tournament

Post by tebaf3 »

We are pleased to announce the first Combat Mission Cold War full Tournament! The Tournament will begin Wednesday December 21st at 5pm GMT. You can join the Tournament anytime between now and when it begins.

Join the tournament here

This Tournament will feature 3 rounds with 3 different scenarios. 2 of these scenarios are new and have been created specifically for this Tournament.

Round 1: Jazreel Junction : Is a 35 minute meeting engagement at the Company Team level US vs Soviet June 1979

Round 2: All Quiet On The Eastern Front Tournament: Is a medium sized 35 minute meeting engagement set on 6th September 1981 between Soviet FSE and US task force advancing to contact.

Round 3: Hunter and Prey: Is a small 30 minute battle. It is a Soviet armor attack on a US convoy

Before joining the tournament, please take a moment and carefully read these instructions that are specific to all Combat Mission Tournaments!!!
  • Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game files have an in game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the US side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be left blank. You can use a password for the Russian side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.
  • The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should have 2 files.
  • Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM" drop menu under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has sent you turns.
  • You will need a Matrix user name and password to play any tournament (or PBEM++ battle). If you don't have one already you can get one here
TigerTC

Re: Combat Mission: Cold War - Holiday Tournament

Post by TigerTC »

How long will we have to complete each game?

I will be on the road after Christmas and not able to play for a few days.
rocketman71

Post by rocketman71 »

What happens if your oppo don't turn up or doesn't keep up with turn tempo and the scenario isn't finished in time?
grab

Post by grab »

Nothing heard from my opponent up to and including today.
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
grab

Post by grab »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Now 18 days left to play and still nothing heard from opponent "Legs" This is the first tournament I have signed up to in a very long time and I'm disappointed that to date I have not been able to take part through no fault of my own.
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
adek670

Post by adek670 »

Hi,

Is Kees on this forum -- I have sent back game file but heard nothing from them.
grab

Post by grab »

Just 4 more days now and nothing at all from my opponent. What happens to those of us in the position where the other guy has not bothered to play?

Return to “Combat Mission Cold War”