Matrix release today?

Combat Mission returns with a brand new chapter set between 1979 and 1982, in the tipping-point years of a conflict that gripped the world for 45 years.
blackcloud6

Matrix release today?

Post by blackcloud6 »

Is Matrix releasing this game today?
OldSarge

RE: Matrix release today?

Post by OldSarge »

No, it was mentioned in one of Slitherine's Tea Times that it was pushed back to August. I guess a few kinks to iron out before going live.

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Same old, same old. August has 31 days, furthermore.
Gino
Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

What a bummer... [8|]
I was hoping I could use the anniversary 38% off coupon code I just received for this, but it only lasts for 30 days.Any way this could be extended? There really are no other games I'm interested in at the moment unfortunately.

Can I use the coupon on the Battlefront store directly? That would probably be the best solution.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Yep, bummer. I was in the same boat with my anniversary coupon. Guess I'll have to buy something else.
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

I'm the same. Was hoping to use mine too. I wonder if they'd let us pre-order?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
TableTop66

Post by TableTop66 »

ORIGINAL:Ginetto

Same old, same old. August has 31 days, furthermore.

From the Steam forum:

Mantuvec_47 [developer]

"Hi guys, unfortunately yes.
We had to move the release date again due to issues that prevent us from properly implementing the PBEM system for multiplayer. The new release date should be in August / September. We'll keep you updated as soon as we have more detailed information on the new date".

It would be nice if the Matrix forum here had a representive from Battlefront occasionally drop in to keep us up to date on developments, or for that matter someone from Matrix themselves appointed to represent the Battlefront Products change the release date "AGAIN" on the original post anouncement when they knew back a while ago that they were not going to be able to release the game on July 22nd. Not a good look, when you want to purchase the Matrix version and you have to go to other forums to find the latest information on developments for the game similiar to keeping up to date on the Black Sea patch drama that was happening on other forums before it was finally released.

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

ORIGINAL: blackcloud6

Yep, bummer. I was in the same boat with my anniversary coupon. Guess I'll have to buy something else.
Might be wrong here you can redeem your Anv\Coupon, but you don't have to spend it straight away. I'm in the same boat
Formerly Goodwood

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw
Might be wrong here you can redeem your Anv\Coupon, but you don't have to spend it straight away. I'm in the same boat

The offers last for 1 month from you receive it, no matter when you redeem it.
I've contacted Slitherine support to get it extended to use before October so I can (hopefully) use it for Cold War.
OUW (Order of the Upgrade Wars)
There are folks out there with way too much time on their hands.
- Norm Koger
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

During today's Tea Time it looks like the date set for a Matrix release is now November 16th.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Thanks for the info.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Finally! It's on my hard drive and I played through the first training campaign mission for a draw.
nanni

Post by nanni »

I had a hard time downloading the game last night. After the payment was approved I tried downloading from the MG Store page which announced the payment was OK. However it wouldn't download. So I tried from the link in the e-mail I received confirming the purchase. Still no download. Finally I tried through My Page in the MG website. It gave me 4 different servers to choose from for the download. Only one worked.
Please, Matrix Games, the rule must always be CONSUMER FRIENDLY. Remember that not all your customers live in the continental 48. My personal drama unfolded before midnight of the 16th near the Strait of Hormuz.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Nanni,

I've asked our store support to investigate this. You may hear from them in the near future. If you could e-mail me your order details to erikr@matrixgames.com that would also be helpful.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Looks like the servers went down overnight, around the time you were making your purchase. This looks to have been the cause of the troubles you experienced, but it has all been resolved since. Please let us know if you have any further problems.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Combat Mission Cold War”