What's with the Matrix re-release schedule?

Combat Mission returns with a brand new chapter set between 1979 and 1982, in the tipping-point years of a conflict that gripped the world for 45 years.
Freyr Oakenshield

What's with the Matrix re-release schedule?

Post by Freyr Oakenshield »

Hi, I'm posting here because CMCW is chronologically the latest Matrix re-release of the Battlefront games. However, my question concerns all the other Combat mission games that haven't been re-released by Matrix yet but that were to have been started to be re-released by now according the schedule that was posted at the beginning of this year. So, if I remember correctly, some new re-releases were to have arrived in April and May. But that hasn't materialised so I guess there is some sort of set-back. My question is this: what about the re-release schedule concerning Normandy, Italy, Blitzkrieg and Red Thunder? Should we expect anything before the summer holidays, during the summer holidays, before the end of this year...? What's the prognosis? Info appreciated. :)
TableTop66

Re: What's with the Matrix re-release schedule?

Post by TableTop66 »

It's nothing unusual for Battlefront to shift the release time a couple of times and then you have to add in Matrix/Slitherine schedule. I 'm just guessing, but below is my thoughts on possible Matrix/Slitherine release dates.

Normandy Late July - mid August and D-Day battle pack for September.
Red Thunder + battle pack - Mid October
Fortress Italy + battle pack - Mid December, if not available by then, probably early 2023.
Final Blitzkrieg and new module, March - April 2023.

As a huge fan of Black Sea it's disappointing that the new module is on indefinite hold along with the Cold War module being delayed :( . Black Sea module is basically at this point of time postponed until the war is over but development work will still continue on it.

Most of the releases will probably be available on Steam first and then Matrix/Slitherine after. That doesn't bother me as I will continue to support the Battlefront - Matrix/Slitherine merger as I like the DRM free and Steam key option.

There is a lot to look forward to with these releases and with the PBEM++ and Tournament system being implemented in these releases hopefully the community here will grow as well. Also the Engine 5 Upgrade which will be free and being optimized for better game performance but no release date yet. Hopefully any performance enhancements will help those who have brought the game, but have not been able to play it due to lag and stutter issues. When the game is running smooth it really is one of the best combat simulators available 8-) .

Cheers
James
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Huh. I didn't even know there was a Combat Mission Cold War. And me with what I thought was all the CM games. :oops:
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Lobster wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 pm Huh. I didn't even know there was a Combat Mission Cold War. And me with what I thought was all the CM games. :oops:
It is a relatively new title, adds some neat stuff to CM, there is already an on-going discussion over which forces should be represented in the next DLC. 8-)

This one was a no-brainer for me as it covers the exact time frame when I was there in Germany.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Para87

Post by Para87 »

So it's been over a year since the last release and two years since the first release of SF2.....
stuarts

Post by stuarts »

Yeah I'd be very interested to know if a new schedule has been drafted for 2023 on these other CM games
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

I am interested to know when CMSF2 and CMBS will have the patch for the PBEM++ system.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

This year's schedule is pretty much up for discussion over on the BFC forums. Annual look at the year to come - 2023

Nothing is set in stone and if the past is prologue things will slip through, but it does look promising if it can be achieved.
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Today's Tea Time mentioned that CMBN and associated DLCs will likely come out by the end of March, actual date is still TBD. See times 25:33 and 34:30.

Return to “Combat Mission Cold War”