Modding in Air and Naval units?

Moderator: Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

HeinzHonokaPepperoni

Modding in Air and Naval units?

Post by HeinzHonokaPepperoni »

Hello,

It is my understanding that air units have been completely abstracted and naval units are of course, not present at all. However, being well versed in the editors of Vic's games since ATG, I'm wondering if they can be brought back for scenarios that might need them through the advanced editor? I've seen in the wiki the simple editor still got the entries for air and naval combat but just defines them as "unused".

Thanks.
Oberst_Klink

Re: Modding in Air and Naval units?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

HeinzHonokaPepperoni wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:57 pm Hello,

It is my understanding that air units have been completely abstracted and naval units are of course, not present at all. However, being well versed in the editors of Vic's games since ATG, I'm wondering if they can be brought back for scenarios that might need them through the advanced editor? I've seen in the wiki the simple editor still got the entries for air and naval combat but just defines them as "unused".

Thanks.
The scale of 1km/hex just make it not really feasible IMHO. Cards do handle those events quite good; they would even for a Market Garden scenario, which I am hoping for.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

There is no advanced editor. You cannot get to that layer of the editor, simply. You can however ask Vic to be nice, and see what he can do...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
HeinzHonokaPepperoni

Post by HeinzHonokaPepperoni »

Too bad, wanted to get the game for the summer sales but there's no point without an advanced editor.

Thanks for the answers.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

HeinzHonokaPepperoni wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:46 am Too bad, wanted to get the game for the summer sales but there's no point without an advanced editor.

Thanks for the answers.
Well, the editor that is in game allows you to still do some neat stuff. I wouldn't write it off, just because of the editor being simplified.

Also, why would you want to mod in planes and ships. A hex is 1 km. That means a plane would have a range of more than the most impossibly big maps...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”