Open Beta v1.07 (16th Jan 2024)

Moderator: Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

Oberst_Klink

Re: Open Beta v1.05 (9 september 2022)

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Which table are the accident rates for the vehicles? Ta!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

@khanti :
I like the idea to change Feldersatz cards with Wehrmacht KG cards !

@ Klink :
In the trooptypes there is the "unreliable" column !

Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Half-tracks without "true" as "backbench" make too much micromanagement with armored infantry units.
They usually die fast in attack, unless player create "transport" unit for every armored infantry / panzergrenadier battalion.
I know sometimes troops attacked with their half-tracks, but I prefer them for moving units. They are too fragile.

PS: I can edit this myself, but just suggesting...maybe others think similar
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

German regimental horse artillery composition - suggestion.
Numbers and equipment types are the same.
Only reinforcement types were changed.
Aux Infantry = Nachtrup and Volkssturm. And Rear Area for Allies.
Infantry guns and heavy mortars are interchangeable as reinforcements.
IGuns has 1st reinf type as Guns and second as Hvy Mortar
12cm mortars has 1st reinf type as Hvy Mortar and second as IGuns.
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being historically accurate from the very first move player do. First unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, mean we ride in unknown.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

IRL Allied losses after 5 weeks amounted to 90,000, but only about 40,000 were killed and missing (captured). In my game, the Allied losses amounted to almost 40,000 after 4 days. I played Germans.
Hence my suggestion that the replacements should consist of each equipment used by the parties that randomly enters the game every day. Every kind of troops or equipment. There may be one or two units of it. This would simulate damaged and repaired equipment or slightly wounded back into service.
Currently, free replacements bring minimal amounts of units. By the way, if there are paid replacements (PP), they should bring meaningful units. Otherwise it is not profitable to use PP on them.

I also postulate that the KILL status be granted only when the modified attack strength is higher than the modified defense strength. As it is now, it is strange. If the attacker can still win with a KILL result vs. the defender with a 50: 500 score - this is not a good result.

Warm regards and waiting for a new patch
:)
═══
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Agreed. Like e.g. in TOAWIV, damaged equipment (up to a certain percentage) will reappear at some stage in the reinforcement pool.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

==AI TURN==

I would like to know exact losses of AI turn.
After turn summary shows losses, but as continuous losses (from the beginning including last turn).
═══
kingwanabee

Post by kingwanabee »

nikdav wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:53 am Already working to fix replacements for next patch !

Davide
When might we see a new beta patch with the replacements fix? Thanks
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Still testing the fixes on Plan Martin, this is last scenario beta, i like some feedback !

- Replacement fix
- Reduced card cost for 10SS, 11PZ, 25PZG.
- II BR Army idle for 6 turns but active if enemy range 1.
- no more Feldersatz card but Wehrmacht KG.
- minor oob fixes
Attachments
Plan_Martin_1.42beta.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 18 times

Khanti

Post by Khanti »

First impression.
German troops of 272 ID and north of it are outnumbered and weak. Allied started offensive there. Severe losses.
I'm not sure why there are Panther and PzIV replacements separated. Med tanks would do the job.
Tiger and Tiger II also could be Hvy Tanks both. I know it's more historical now, but there are not so many replacements and sometimes it's ok to have them mixed.
Still artillery and heavy artillery should be separated. And there could be some random artillery replacements.
I like KG card. 20 PP but it looks worth it.
═══
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Thanks for the feedback !
I take note of every suggestion.

Davide

Khanti

Post by Khanti »

12cm mortars -> Heavy Mortars (to prevent sending to artillery units 8cm mortars with lower range and to prevent wasting heavy mortars in infantry battalions)
7.5cm guns -> Infantry Guns (not Artillery, because of their short range)
Now 12cm and 7.5cm are just artillery, so after disbanding them, they will be sent anywhere ;-)

10.5cm guns -> Artillery (standard divisional artillery)
all bigger calibre guns -> Heavy Artillery (corps and army units)
I'd like to see random (+1 or +2) replacements for all of them (by PP cards for instance)

Allies have Heavy Artillery units, by the way.

Cards: You may call card HGB Reserve instead New unit (FBBrigade).

Map: Maastricht / Aachen (capital letter) - PP locations.

This scenario is huge. "Next idle unit" key will be helpful.
═══
Khanti

Post by Khanti »

Sedan scenario with different Axis replacement tables as demonstrator how I see replacement could work.
Only infantry and some guns are made.
Idea: nearly every piece of equipment should have small random chance to be bring by PP card.
Attachments
Sedan_Free_Deploy_02.zip
(459.6 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
═══
Vic

Re: Open Beta v1.05b (16 november 2022)

Post by Vic »

bump! New version posted.

Plenty of scenario finetunings!

Big thanks to Davide!

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ErickRepie

Post by ErickRepie »

Hi,

I am playing this 1.05 b , but in 19-20 Dec i encountered a lot of British battalion tank near St.Vinth ... is it intentionable? My understanding in Bulge - Brits will not interfere unless German cross the Meuse.
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Hi,
Thanks for reporting.
What scenario ?
Can you upload a savegame ?

Davide

ErickRepie

Post by ErickRepie »

It was Wacht am Rhein scenario ... somehow i cannot upload the save file with *.dc4 extension here.

I remember in previous version, i never encountered the brits in St.Vinth.

One thing also, on 20 Dec the 501 already arrived at Bastogne - too soon i guess , the whole american contingent also released too soon i guess.
Its difficult to reach Malmedy.

Tks,
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

You can try using .zip extension !

ErickRepie

Post by ErickRepie »

This is the save file tks.
Attachments
new.zip
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Thanks, fixed next patch !

- The British 33rd and 34th Brigades were available to the AI from the start and not from turn 55 (like XXX Corps).
- For the 501st is possible because the Ai can move the 82nd and 101st Divisions faster than human player.

By the way an interesting savegame, i am trying to stop the dangerous US penetration from the south playing the SS KG card (kg Klink) and two feldersatz Bataillons (thanks General Brandenberger Em.Unit card)!

kg 2.jpg
kg 2.jpg (208.3 KiB) Viewed 770 times

Return to “Open Beta”