Replacements

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

warnevada

Replacements

Post by warnevada »

The current replacement system works well enough in the smaller scenarios.

It does not work well in Wacht because of the very large number of units. It's almost impossible to remember which units had replacement priority which needs to be turned off so replacements are available for other units.

It does not work at all in Plan Martin. I have checked units where I had set priority and they never got any replacements. The only place I saw replacements were in the top HQ.
carll11

Re: Replacements

Post by carll11 »

In Plan Martin I am getting replacements but I agree, remembering units you've set priority etc. is hard, I use pen and paper and just write them down........
warnevada

Post by warnevada »

Here is what I did. I set four units to priority. Then each turn I checked these units to see if they received any replacements. I did this for ten turns and none of them received any replacements. The only unit that got replacements that I could see was the army group HQ.

What did you do?
carll11

Post by carll11 »

If there are replacements of the type for that unit at the HQ, after 10 turns, I would expect that prioritized unit(s) to have gotten some.....mine appear to be receiving them...wish I could be more help...

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”