Manual Errata

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

Vic

Manual Errata

Post by Vic »

With some of the patches the rules are improved or fine-tuned, hence there are some changes compared to the release print of the manual.

Go over here to see the manual errata:

https://www.vrdesigns.net/?page_id=2107

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Capt Cliff

RE: Manual Errata

Post by Capt Cliff »

How about a manual for the editor? I have been modding the Wacht am Rhein scenario but I need to change the entry point of Allied reinforcements. The current reinforcement hex's seem to support the AI playing the Allies. There are also a lot of set-up errors. Both 1st SS and 12th SS were historically place behind the 12th VG Division which cause huge traffic jam problems. But the Wacht Am Rhein scenario has both SS divisions on the line and able to attack on turn one. Peiper historically didn't or couldn't move until 7:30 pm on the 16th.

So how can I change the entry hex's for allied reinforcements? I searched the editor and found nothing.

I finally did find the table to revise the entry hex for units. But I am in the dark as to what to enter.
Capt. Cliff
iDachs

Post by iDachs »

Excellent. Thank you for updating the manual. Oh, and whilst I'm at it - thank you for developing such an outstanding game!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

How about a manual for the editor? I have been modding the Wacht am Rhein scenario but I need to change the entry point of Allied reinforcements. The current reinforcement hex's seem to support the AI playing the Allies. There are also a lot of set-up errors. Both 1st SS and 12th SS were historically place behind the 12th VG Division which cause huge traffic jam problems. But the Wacht Am Rhein scenario has both SS divisions on the line and able to attack on turn one. Peiper historically didn't or couldn't move until 7:30 pm on the 16th.

So how can I change the entry hex's for allied reinforcements? I searched the editor and found nothing.

I finally did find the table to revise the entry hex for units. But I am in the dark as to what to enter.
The only thing we can do is some sort of DC Wiki. Vic already got a site p, but I presume he's the only admin. Suggestion: Recruiting some dedicated grognards to put some flesh on the bones.

Feedback?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

To check or change the entry hexes you must use the table 71
Turn==1 for US, Turn==2 for German units

You can use the borders or a specific hex and dispersion value !

Davide
Attachments
Senzatitolo1.jpg
Senzatitolo1.jpg (153.01 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Last edited by nikdav on Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

Thanks nikdav! I am getting a handle on it. The current Washt am Rhein scenario seems to be setup for AI play and not face to face or hot seat play! Bless their heart but short of get a Cray Computer to run the AI they have to be creative with reinforcement and setup placement.
Capt. Cliff

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”