Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Moderators: Vic, Decisive Campaigns Ardennes Offensive Mods

ledrobi

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta

Post by ledrobi »

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive, the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series by VR Designs, is looking for beta testers. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive comes with dozens of additions, changes and improvements designed to fit its scale and to bring innovation to the series. The result is an extremely immersive operational wargame where, more than ever, intelligent tactics can beat the odds.

If you're curious to know more, here's a glimpse of what we've been working on lately.
ranknfile

RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta

Post by ranknfile »

I am a Beta tester for a (very successful) computer games company, have been for years. So I know what's expected (their NDA is quite strict, I cannot reveal any more than that).

I have been playing hex-based games since the mid-70s.
I have pretty much played all the popular hex-based PC games (primarily Tiller's games, but all three DC games, and Grigsby's games as well).

I am retired and am currently playing WitE2 several hours each day.
I could instead be spending several hours each day testing DC: Ardennes for bugs, glitches, misspellings, etc.

Up to you.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for the interest, but sadly (or happily) we have more volunteers than tester slots at the moment.

No reply basically means you have not been picked yet.

Thanks for applying though.

There will still be a few rounds of extra testers being added the coming months.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ranknfile

Post by ranknfile »

Not a problem. Looking forward to the game's release. I say that about many titles in these forums, but I look forward to none more so than this one! When it is released, my WitE2 campaign will be put on hold (assuming that is what I will be playing), so I can devote my time playing DC: Ardennes.

I actually removed my Beta request (thinking the Beta was over <I should know better! It's never over! Tweeks; fixes; DLCs; etc.>), but will re-apply. I actually have not participated in the Betas the last two years for the company I have been a Beta tester for many years, since I never get to play a scenario without playing it - perhaps many times over during Beta- before the scenario is fully ready to play. In a way, being a Beta tester is an honor. In another way, it sort of ruins the joy of playing the game.

So I will re-apply; whether I get picked or not really does not matter to me, as there are pros and cons either way!
ranknfile

Post by ranknfile »

Vic,
You sent me a survey concerning the limited percentage of Beta testers providing feedback in the Beta forum.
You want to know why.
For me, it is because I was not accepted as a Beta tester.

I play computer games every day; maybe 20 to 40 hours a week (I am retired).
Let me test, I will provide feedback.
c00k1e

Post by c00k1e »

Yes. I got that email too, spent the next hour searching thru spam folders thinking I’d missed something, but no, no beta invite was anywhere to be seen.
Stephen

Why be a cog in the machine, when you can be a spanner in the works...
Vic

Post by Vic »

The survey showed me about a third of the respondents never received their invitation. We are going to send those out again tomorrow!

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive”