Questions on a scenario design

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Simon Edmonds

Questions on a scenario design

Post by Simon Edmonds »

G'day all. I am going to have a go at building a new scenario. As recommended I will go with the WitW editor's instructions. It will be based on the scenario 1941 Campaign - No early end. I have never tried a scenario in WitE so this thread will be studded with dumb questions. Hopefully in the end I will get the scenario I want and other can follow the bread crumbs to aid in making their own.
Question 1. The WitE2 Editor screen identifies two editors; and old one and a new one. Which one should I be using?
Teo41_ITA

Re: Questions on a scenario design

Post by Teo41_ITA »

It depends what you want to do. The new editor must only be used if you want to rename or change the OB of any unit on a given specific condition (turn, if depleted...). The old editor pretty much works for everything else.
Simon Edmonds

Post by Simon Edmonds »

Thanks for answering. What I want to do is start a campaign in April 1942. I would like to see an Axis replacement OB that is more event driven than historically locked. So it sounds like it is the new editor for me. If the management has a draft of the new editor rules they could use me as a guinea pig to see how understandable they are. Just a thought.
Wiedrock

Post by Wiedrock »

Simon Edmonds wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 am What I want to do is start a campaign in April 1942. I would like to see an Axis replacement OB that is more event driven than historically locked.
Check out the functions of the Event editor for this. ;)
Accessible in 1st Tab of the Old Editor. There is a "text-button" top center (little to the left).

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”