Good news re locking generic data

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Joel Billings

Good news re locking generic data

Post by Joel Billings »

So the good news is that we just put out a version to our testers that allows for the locking of generic data in a scenario file. It works as it did in WitW. We've done a bit of internal testing and it seems to be working as expected. If there's anyone out there that is waiting for this feature and willing to test it, I can make the exe available here as a hotfix. Let me know if you'd try it out. Also, if you use the editor, and want to have early access to the editor changes being worked on, consider joining the test group. Very soon there will be a public announcement recruiting testers for the first scenario expansion DLC. We'd also like to get some people who are actively using the editor to join to test the editor changes that are in progress.

Because of HOW, the next update with an installer and revised data/scenario files isn't likely to go out for at least 10 days. Here's what's in the exe portion of this update.

New Features and Rule Changes
• Several tweaks were made to reduce the intensity of air to air combat.
• Added a line to the scenario victory screen to display victory points scored from Events (campaign victory screen already shows event points).
• Editor – Added the ability to Lock Generic Data in a scenario file. On the main tab in the editor, selecting yes will allow you to alter generic data in your scenario file, save the changes in your scenario, and not have the changes overwritten when loading the scenario. This functions as it did in WitW. There are 16 generic/semi-generic files. When you have these locked, there is the ability to either update your scenario with all of these files, or check just those you want to use to update and click on the ‘update selected generic data’ option. Locking the generic data in a scenario file will only impact the scenario. Note that for the 3 semi-generic files, only some of the data in these files have been treated as generic (i.e. things like depot levels and storage in cities are not generic and never required locking in order to make changes in each scenario, while the name of a city is generic and to change this in a scenario would require locking). Note: Currently you will not see all the generic files listed if using a minimum resolution display. A height of at least 960 is required. This will be corrected in future versions when we add in-game scaling to the editor.
• Editor – Added the ability to set starting number of ships in the production screen. Also added the ability to set the number of ships in Lake Ladoga.
Bug Fixes and AI Improvements
• Combat execution slowdown caused by a bug fix in v1.02.27. Fixed.
• Theater box garrison values, and CV values of units in the unit display were dropping the 0 to the right of the decimal place (i.e. 0.08 was displaying as 0.8). Fixed.
• At minimum resolution, in the production screen the number of ships was not displaying in all sea zones. Fixed.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Hardradi

Re: Good news re locking generic data

Post by Hardradi »

Sure, I will give it a whirl. I have tested out quite a few different areas of the Editor. Is this enough or do I need to send a PM or email?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

The hotfix is attached here with just the exe portion of the coming 1.02.28Beta update. You have to unzip this into your Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 directory. You should probably save a copy of your current exe (or rename it) before you unzip this file. That way you'll have the old exe if you want to go back to it. The zip file also includes the whatsnew file that lists the data/scenario changes that will be coming when the full 1.02.28Beta update goes out. Let us know if you run into any issues with the update. Thanks.
Attachments
WitE2 1.02.28BetaHotfix.zip
(3.31 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
-- Soren Kierkegaard
IslandInland

Post by IslandInland »

I'm so glad generic data can now be locked. It means the editor is now actually worth a deep dive.
War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
DarkHorse2

Post by DarkHorse2 »

@Joel

+1
Rosencrantus

Post by Rosencrantus »

Joel Billings wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:26 pm The hotfix is attached here with just the exe portion of the coming 1.02.28Beta update. You have to unzip this into your Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 directory. You should probably save a copy of your current exe (or rename it) before you unzip this file. That way you'll have the old exe if you want to go back to it. The zip file also includes the whatsnew file that lists the data/scenario changes that will be coming when the full 1.02.28Beta update goes out. Let us know if you run into any issues with the update. Thanks.
If needed we could revert back to the official 2.25 if needed right?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

You should keep your old exe file or rename it. That way, if you want to revert, all you need to do is delete the new exe file and put the old one back. There were data changes in the 1.02.27 beta, but yes, you could go from .25 to .28 and back to .25 if you don't care about the data changes in .27.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Elouda

Post by Elouda »

Thanks for this, did some early testing with it last night and seem to work great.
oldMarinePanzer

Post by oldMarinePanzer »

I am using the editor and it works pretty well. Factory production, those must still get manually updated/added still, will there be an enhancement for this in the future? Will it be a CSV download?
oldMarinePanzer

Post by oldMarinePanzer »

I've been using the editor, here are my suggestions:

Locations tab -> factories - perhaps a CSV download option so they don't have to be manually edited/added

air operational groups - perhaps a CSV download option so they don't have to be manually edited/added

button to resupply ALL (or the ability to select a RANGE of units) their: supply, ammo, fuel and vehicles - right now this must be done by every individual unit

the air directives- - perhaps a CSV download/upload option so they don't have to be manually edited/added
Hardradi

Post by Hardradi »

Joel Billings wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:26 pm The hotfix is attached here with just the exe portion of the coming 1.02.28Beta update. You have to unzip this into your Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 directory. You should probably save a copy of your current exe (or rename it) before you unzip this file. That way you'll have the old exe if you want to go back to it. The zip file also includes the whatsnew file that lists the data/scenario changes that will be coming when the full 1.02.28Beta update goes out. Let us know if you run into any issues with the update. Thanks.
I did some testing last week and have come across one issue. Do you want it reported here or in the Tech threads?

Also, what issues are you interested in looking at?
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Post in the tech thread, thanks for asking. If something isn’t working as expected, post about it. If your having problems doing something you want to do you can post about that as well, but we’re more focused on bugs at the moment.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”